Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Office of Administration
The Office of Administration is responsible for programs related to College operation and strategic planning, as well as the operation and review of College Departments. The office has specific responsibility for:
- Conflict of Interest
- Departmental Review and Resources
- Dean’s Council on Diversity
- Disability Services
- Unified Campus Teams
Our goals are to develop and administer forward-thinking programs to bring innovation, equity, trust, and efficiency to all levels and across all Departments of the College of Medicine. We are anxious to serve the needs of individual members of the College Community, as well as the Departments, Centers, and Institutes on which the College is built.
For related “administrative” areas served by other College offices, you may want to visit the following sites:
- For personnel, salary, and Benefits information, visit the Human Resources site.
- For faculty recruitment, appointments, promotion and tenure, and annual faculty evaluations (HR-40), visit the site of the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- For programs related to faculty advancement, mentoring, and development, visit the Office of Professional Development site.
- For issues including research funding and initiating research projects, visit the offices of Research Affairs and Research Development sites.
- Parent named vice dean for research and graduate studies Dr. Leslie Parent, chief of Penn State College of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, has been named vice dean for research and graduate studies for the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and associate vice president for research at Penn State University.More...
- The Medical Minute: How to know whether ice or heat will ease the pain To ice or not to ice -- that is the question. Or maybe the real issue is to heat or not to heat? Either way, whether you’re dealing with a one-time injury or chronic aches and pains, a few simple guidelines will help you know whether it’s best to bag some ice or get the trusty heating pad. Dr. Scott Lynch, director of sports medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, says it’s all about blood flow. When you injure yourself, you should follow a prescription known as RICE – rest, ice, compression and elevation.More...
- Dress for Success honors Kathy Law with Partner in Success Award Dress for Success South Central PA, a program of Suits to Careers Inc., recently awarded its Partner in Success Award to Kathy Law, director of nursing periop services at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Conquer Run 5-K at Hersheypark to benefit Four Diamonds Conquer Run 5-K, a competitive run and fun walk through Hersheypark that benefits Four Diamonds, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 3. Discounted registration opens May 1.More...