COINS Electronic Disclosure & Management System
The entire process of disclosure, reporting, conflict determination, and management for the College of Medicine will occur on the COINS electronic web based Conflict of Interest Management System hosted by Penn State University. The web address for this system is http://coins.psu.edu and the home page includes detailed instructions for using the site, as well as relevant disclosure information.
PSU ACCESS ID
To enhance security, the Penn State University Access ID, rather than the PSHMC "E-Pass" ID, must be used. Therefore, all faculty and administrative personnel will need to obtain their Penn State user ID and password. Your Penn State Access ID is not the same as your ePass ID used to sign into the HMC network of systems, nor is it the 9 digit Penn State ID on the back of your ID badge.
Almost all Penn State employees receive a PSU Access ID when they are hired. If you have not used your Penn State Access ID, you will need to activate your ID and create a password. To activate your ID the process is simple. Go to one of the three Signature stations in the Library. All you need to do is swipe your ID badge to obtain a temporary password, which is usable almost immediately. If you have never received a PSU Access ID, you will need to obtain one by using the paper Account Application form. Please print, complete, sign, and fax or mail the form per the instructions on the form. The application processing normally takes 3-5 days. NOTE: full-time faculty members do not need an approval signature.
If you have a PSU Access ID but do not remember your password and have NOT previously set security questions, please read the following instructions:
1. Go to one of the signature stations in the Harrell Health Science Library, C1618
2. Swipe your ID badge at one of the signature stations in order to reset your password
3. Once you have reset your password, log onto the Penn State Password Management site at https://www.work.psu.edu/password/ from your desktop
4. Once logged into the Penn State Password Management site, click the option that reads "set/update my security questions"
5. Once you have set your security questions you will be able to update your password from your desktop in the future.
If you have a PSU Access ID but do not remember your password and have previously set security questions, please read the following instructions:
1. Log onto the Penn State Password Management site at http://www.work.psu.edu/password/ from your desktop
2. Once logged into the Penn State Password Management site, click the option that reads "my password has expired/I have forgotten my password" and follow the prompts.
Please note that you can keep your password active by changing it annually from your desktop by logging onto the Penn State Password Management site at http://www.work.psu.edu/password/ and follow the prompts to "change my password".