Alumni Weekend 2013 Recap
If you joined us for Alumni Weekend 2013, you experienced firsthand the excitement of coming back to where it all began. More than 225 alumni, guests, and friends were on-hand as the classes of 1973, 1978, 1983 (Crescent Society), 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, and 2008 marked their respective reunions. If you weren't able to join us, we missed you. Here are some highlights from the weekend:
- Robert Harbaugh, M.D. '78, chair of the Department of Neurosurgery, director of the Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute, and 2013 Penn State Alumni Fellow, kicked off Friday evening's celebration with his address at Convocation.
- The celebration continued Friday evening with the scholarship reception and "Welcome Back" dinner, where alumni had the opportunity to reconnect with one another and mingle with scholarship recipients and current and former faculty members.
- Dennis L. Gingrich, M.D. '76, Professor of Family and Community Medicine and Humanities, received the 2013 Cheston M. Berlin, Jr., M.D. Service Award.
- Saturday included the traditional mentoring breakfast, with more than 100 alumni, faculty, and students in attendance; tours of Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, and the renovated Emergency Department; and the annual All-Alumni Picnic.
- Individual class dinners capped off the weekend.
Alumni Weekend 2014 is set for September 19-20, 2014. The classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, and 2009 will celebrate reunions; however, all alumni are encouraged to attend the two-day event. If you would like to be involved with planning your upcoming reunion, please contact the University Development and Alumni Relations Office at 717-531-8497 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
Click here to view photos from Alumni Weekend 2013!