Welcome to Penn State Hershey Alumni Affairs
The strength of our institution depends on the connectedness of our people and missions. Whether you received a graduate or medical degree from the College of Medicine or completed a residency at the Medical Center, there are numerous ways to stay connected with Penn State Hershey. To learn more about how you can stay connected, get involved, and give back, visit Engage.pennstatehershey.org.
Alumni Weekend 2015, which is scheduled for September 18-19, 2015, will provide the stage for you to gather with Penn State College of Medicine alumni, faculty, and friends, while you reminisce about where your medical career began. So be sure to mark the date on your calendar! This year's reunion celebrations will feature the classes of 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, and 2010.
Rekindle friendships that made your time at Penn State College of Medicine memorable. Reconnect with faculty and past mentors. Walk the campus and see how Penn State College of Medicine has changed -- and remained the same throughout the years.
This year's Alumni Weekend brochure and link to online registration will soon be available on our new website at Engage.pennstatehershey.org.
We look forward to seeing you back on campus for Alumni Weekend 2015!
Contact the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations at 717-531-1651 or AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu.
The Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2014-2015 Penn State, Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Awards.
- The Alumni Achievement Award recognizes alumni 35 years of age and younger for their extraordinary professional accomplishments.
- The Alumni Fellow Award is the highest honor that the Penn State Alumni Association bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Cheston M. Berlin Service Award recognizes meritorious service to the College of Medicine Alumni Society or its members.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that The Pennsylvania State University bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Honorary Alumnus/a Award recognizes outstanding individuals who, though not graduates of Penn State, greatly enhance the University through their commitment and service, and who make significant contributions to Penn State's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
Please complete your nomination using the standard College of Medicine Alumni Award Nomination Form. Nominations can be submitted on a continuous basis, but should be postmarked by June 1, 2015 for consideration this year. Please send nomination forms to:
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, A120
c/o Jayanne Sevast, Alumni Relations Officer
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
For any questions you may have, or to submit a nomination form electronically, please email Jayanne Sevast at AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu, or please fax your nomination form to 717-531-7939.
- The Medical Minute: How breast density can affect cancer screenings When it comes to breast cancer screening, the density of your breasts affects how well a mammogram can detect cancerous tissues. That’s why Pennsylvania is one of 21 states that have adopted laws requiring radiologists to include information about breast density in every woman’s mammogram report.More...
- Medical Center, Carlisle Regional sign emergency medicine agreement Beginning Aug. 1, the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Department of Emergency Medicine will assist in managing the operations of the Emergency Department at Carlisle Regional Medical Center.More...
- LED light fixtures in Penn State Hershey parking garages save energy and money During the late summer and fall of 2014, Penn State Hershey’s Facilities Department performed a lighting retrofit on the Centerview and South parking garages. They replaced more than 1,000 existing 175-watt metal halide fixtures with 55-watt LED light fixtures. The change has resulted in an annual energy savings of 1,553,345 kilowatt hours, which is worth more than $138,000 and is equivalent to the amount used in a year by 147 homes.More...
- 'Pink Ladies' raise $20,000 for Cancer Institute Michele Parson recently delivered a check for $20,000 to the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute. The money was raised during the 10th annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser Dinner/Dance on March 28.More...