Pain Medicine Fellowship
We have filled our 3 positions for Pain Fellowship 2016-2017. Applications for Pain Fellowship 2017-2018 can be submitted through ERAS starting December 2015.
The Pain Medicine Fellowship Program at Penn State Hershey and the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine is an ACGME accredited program with duration of one year. The program is accepting applicants from any ACGME accredited primary specialty. The Pain Medicine Center utilizes a multidisciplinary, comprehensive approach to manage over 7800 outpatient visits per year.
- Spine Surgery where the fellow will participate in the evaluation of patients with spine surgeons and gain an understanding of the surgical options available for patients with pain related to spinal pathology
- Neurophysiology with exposure to EMG and nerve conduction studies
- Oncology with exposure to cancer pain
- Palliative Care with exposure to end of life care
- Neuroradiology which offers a full range of diagnostic and intervention procedures
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in patients with disabilities resulting from musculoskeletal disorders including spine-related disorders, spinal cord injury, arthritis, trauma, and limb amputations
- Acute Pain Service with high volume of epidural and peripheral nerve catheters placed for perioperative pain control
- Psychiatry where fellows will become familiar with the basics of psychiatric assessment
- Anesthesia where the fellow will gain experience with airway management, peripheral vascular access, intravenous sedation and management of side effects and complications associated with intravenous sedation.
- Acquiring comprehensive knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of the more common chronic pain conditions
- Becoming proficient with a wide variety of interventional pain management procedures
- Providing an overview of the information required to become a consultant in pain management and preparing for the subspecialty board examination.
David Giampetro, MD
Pain Medicine Fellowship Director
c/o Connie Williard
Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
500 University Drive, HU32
Hershey, PA 17033