Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute is proud to be a leader in the care of patients with disorders of the bones, joints and spine, providing the most innovative care to adults and children with even the most complex disorders. To learn more about us click here.
- Adult appointments in Hershey: 717-531-5638
- Pediatric appointments in Hershey: 717-531-7123
- All appointments in State College: 814-865-3566
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Costotransversectomy: An alternative surgical approach to challenging thoracic spine reconstructions
- Targeted Ultrasound Screening for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: Where Do We Stand?
- Addressing the Technical Challenges of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Lowering the Risk of Complications
- Want to meet any of the Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute faculty at upcoming orthopaedic conferences?
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
- Handprint ceremony at Children’s Hospital highlights $250,000 grant presentation The pediatric cancer research of Penn State Hershey’s Dr. Hong-Gang Wang has received a $250,000 grant from Hyundai Hope On Wheels. The funds will support his research into whether autophagy – the human cell’s self-cleansing mechanism – can be used to make cancer cells die.More...
- The Medical Minute: Research continues improving the odds for kids with cancer The American Cancer Society reports one in every 285 children younger than 20 will be diagnosed with cancer. That makes childhood cancer relatively rare. Still, nearly 16,000 new cases were anticipated for 2014 resulting in 1,900 to 2,000 deaths. And for most parents, it’s a worst-case scenario. Through research, the outlook for children with cancer is far better today than it’s ever been, yet much more remains to be done.More...
- New online farmers market available for Penn State Hershey employees The Farmers Market in Hershey is partnering with Healthy Living Kitchen to enable Medical Center and College of Medicine employees to purchase market products online and pick them up more conveniently on campus.More...
- Miracle Marathon to kick off on Sept. 16 The Miracle Marathon wellness challenge will take place from Sept. 16 through Oct. 12. Participants move at their own pace and on their own time -- just one mile every day for 27 days, with proceeds from the event to benefit Children’s Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...