Penn State Bone and Joint Institute
Penn State Bone and Joint Institute is proud to be a leader in the care of patients with disorders of the bones, joints and spine, providing the most innovative care to adults and children with even the most complex disorders. To learn more about us click here.
- Adult appointments in Hershey: 717-531-5638
- Pediatric appointments in Hershey: 717-531-7123
- All appointments in State College: 814-865-3566
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Fall 2015 articles
- Case Report: Osteochondral Glenoid Reconstruction for Recurrent Glenohumeral Instability
- Developing an Adult Stem Cell Treatment Option for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Medial Patella Femoral Ligament (MPFL) Reconstruction for Patellofemoral Instability
- Biomechanical Analysis to Guide Future Trends in Hip Replacement Surgery and Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Educating parents on healthy infant sleep habits may help prevent obesity Teaching parents bedtime techniques to encourage healthy sleep habits in their infants may help prevent obesity, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers. Strong links exist between inadequate sleep and childhood obesity.More...
- Gomez and Hafenstein awarded collaborative grant to study virus structures Esther Gomez, assistant professor of chemical engineering and biomedical engineering in Penn State’s College of Engineering, and Susan Hafenstein, associate professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology in Penn State’s College of Medicine, have been awarded one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine for the 2016-17 project period.More...
- Physicians help develop national treatment guidelines for pancreatic cancer Practice guidelines for physicians treating a wide range of diseases have become a frequently used, if not required tool, for every physician in daily medical practice.More...
- The Medical Minute: Disease causes tumors to form on nerve tissue Although neurofibromatosis (NF) is not commonly discussed, it affects more than 2 million people worldwide. According to the Children’s Tumor Foundation, NF is more common than cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease combined.More...