Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute is proud to be a leader in the care of patients with disorders of the bones, joints and spine, providing the most innovative care to adults and children with even the most complex disorders. To learn more about us click here.
- Adult appointments in Hershey: 717-531-5638
- Pediatric appointments in Hershey: 717-531-7123
- All appointments in State College: 814-865-3566
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Costotransversectomy: An alternative surgical approach to challenging thoracic spine reconstructions
- Targeted Ultrasound Screening for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: Where Do We Stand?
- Addressing the Technical Challenges of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Lowering the Risk of Complications
- Want to meet any of the Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute faculty at upcoming orthopaedic conferences?
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
- Football team visits Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Core value No. 1 for Penn State Football is ensuring that every member of the program has a positive attitude at all times. When the entire team boarded three buses on Wednesday (July 23) afternoon, head coach James Franklin and the Nittany Lions set out on a mission to make a visit to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital one filled with positivity and enthusiasm.More...
- The Medical Minute: Summer can be time to address behavior problems After weeks of the kids being out of school, some parents have had enough of their behavior and are counting the days until they go back. Some may also be wondering how much of the defiant behavior is normal and when it's time to seek help.More...
- Tobacco Intervention Program at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey Medical Center’s Tobacco Intervention Program, or TIP, support group meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Monday evening at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free group sessions guide participants from decision-making to quitting through relapse prevention. Interested individuals should call 1-800-243-1455 to register and for directions.More...
- Program to fund physician scientists at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey is launching the Physician-Scientist Recruitment Initiative to address the decreasing number of clinicians conducting biomedical research. Physicians bring a unique perspective to scientific questions on public health because of their experience with patients.More...