Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute is proud to be a leader in the care of patients with disorders of the bones, joints and spine, providing the most innovative care to adults and children with even the most complex disorders. To learn more about us click here.
- Adult appointments in Hershey: 717-531-5638
- Pediatric appointments in Hershey: 717-531-7123
- All appointments in State College: 814-865-3566
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Costotransversectomy: An alternative surgical approach to challenging thoracic spine reconstructions
- Targeted Ultrasound Screening for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: Where Do We Stand?
- Addressing the Technical Challenges of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Lowering the Risk of Complications
- Want to meet any of the Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute faculty at upcoming orthopaedic conferences?
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
- Crafting and racing Pinewood Derby cars at the Children’s Hospital Patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital and their families got to try their hand at crafting Pinewood Derby cars. The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, or AHF, brought Pinewood Derby kits to the hospital where children personalized their cars with stickers, markers and other materials.More...
- Parent to present at RQA Lecture on Aug. 13 The next Research Quality Assurance Lecture at Penn State Hershey will be presented by Dr. Leslie Parent, professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology; chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology; and co-director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program. She will present “Studying Viruses Using Microscopic Imaging, One Cell at a Time.”More...
- ACLS experienced provider course planned at Penn State Hershey Individuals who hold current ACLS certification and who work in acute care settings where they function as part of a code team on a regular basis may choose to renew their ACLS certification by attending the new ACLS EP Course at Penn State Hershey.More...
- Parenting skills improve in ADHD parents with medication Parenting skills of adults with ADHD improve when their ADHD is treated with medication, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers.More...