Flow Cytometry Core
Scientific Director: Todd Schell, Ph.D.
Director: Bruce Stanley, Ph.D.
Lab Manager: Nate Sheaffer, BA, ASCP Cyt
Senior Research Support Associate: Joseph Bednarczyk.
Phone: (717) 531-6908
Senior Research Support Associate: David R. Stanford, Ph.D.
Phone: (717) 531-4699
This Core provides sophisticated high speed (50,000-70,000 events per second) 8 parameter fluorescence-activated cell sorting, as well as analytical flow cytometry for both our research and our clinical needs. As a clinically certified facility, the Cell Science/Flow Cytometry Core Facility performs clinical analyses of patient samples on a regular basis. In addition, the facility's eight flow cytometers, including two Becton-Dickinson FACScan instruments, two FACSCalibur instrument, two FACSCanto instruments, an LSR II instrument and a new Becton-Dickinson FACSAria SORP cell sorter, are available for use by investigators at the College of Medicine on an hourly rate basis. The goal of this core is to provide sophisticated fluorescence-activated cell sorting and cell-fluorescence analytical services at reasonable hourly rates. To achieve these goals, the facility is operated to provide access to both clinical and basic science investigators.
- Research Flow Cytometry analyses on 3-color, 4-color, 6-color, and 13-color instruments
- Becton-Dickinson FACSAria High Speed 18-parameter Cell sorting
- Clinical Sample Diagnostic Analyses on 3-color, 4-color, and 6-color instruments
- Two Becton-Dickinson 4-color FACSCaliburs
- Two Becton-Dickinson 6-color FACSCantos
- Becton-Dickinson 13- color LSR II
- Becton-Dickinson FACSAria SORP Cell Sorter
Click Here to visit the Flow Cytometry Core website.