The physicians, nurses, and auxiliary staff welcome you to Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute. We are here to partner with you on your health care journey. Our mission is to provide quality care to you and your loved ones that is both comprehensive and efficient.
Your journey begins with your first appointment with a Cancer Institute physician or admission to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Our staff will greet you and gather information needed to register you as a patient. Your primary physician (or attending physician) will coordinate with his or her colleagues to determine the best possible treatment plan for your specific case. A hematology/oncology physician or radiation oncologist will meet with you and develop a treatment plan. The treatment plan may require additional testing before treatment can begin, as well as consultation with other specialists.
At the Cancer Institute, we have a multidisciplinary team approach to the care of our patients which means you will be treated by a team of specialists. Our team works together to guide each patient through diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. The multidisciplinary team approach helps to ensure that your treatment plan reflects the combined expertise of many doctors - from surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists to radiologists, pathologists, other specialty physicians, and nurses providing various levels of care.
We are partners in your care. Even though you may be frightened and unsure about your future, we are here to help. We need to know what is happening in your life so we can make accurate assessments and refine treatments as needed. We encourage questions from you and your family members. Actively participating in your care by reporting symptoms and asking questions can provide you with a sense of control during this potentially overwhelming time.
We hope that your experience at the Cancer Institute will exceed your expectations of quality care. We will certainly do our best to partner with you to achieve this.
To reach Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute: 866-987-7724 (866-987-PSCI)
- To schedule or change a medical oncology appointment: 717-531-6585, option 1
- To reach the nurse coordinators: 717-531-6585, option 2
- If you need IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION: call 911
- Hamid A. B. Al-Mondhiry, M.D.
- Jeffrey P. Allerton, M.D.
- Salah Almokadem, M.D.
- Ayodele G. Ayoola, M.D.
- Chandra P. Belani, M.D.
- David F. Claxton, M.D.
- Leah V. Cream, M.D.
- Joseph J. Drabick, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- W. Christopher Ehmann, M.D.
- Wafik S. El-Deiry, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mohamed B. Elmongy, M.D., M.P.H., DSc
- Michael W. Evans, M.D., M.P.H.
- M. Elaine Eyster, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Vikas Ghai, M.D.
- Edward J. Gunther, M.D.
- Harold A. Harvey, M.D.
- Yixing Jiang, M.D.
- Allan Lipton, M.D.
- Wajahath A. Mohsini, M.D.
- Marc Anthony Rovito, M.D.
- Witold Rybka, M.D., F.R.C.P.C.
- Kamal Sharma, D.O.
- Nelson Shu-Sang Yee, M.D., Ph.D., R.Ph.
- Giampaolo Talamo, M.D.
- Cristina Ioana Truica, M.D.
- Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute
- Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Benner Pike