Continuing Education at Penn State College of Medicine provides continuing professional education for physicians, nurses, and allied health personnel. We also provide evidence-based education on medical topics to professionals in health-related fields and to the general public.
The College of Medicine is accredited with commendation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). This is the highest level of recognition in the accreditation process, and allows a six-year term as a provider of continuing medical education for physicians. Penn State College of Medicine has been continuously accredited since the office was established in 1973, and also received Accreditation with Commendation in 2000 and 2006.
Continuing Education in the College of Medicine works to extend the academic expertise of the campus’s clinical and basic sciences. The Office’s portfolio comprises content that assists physicians and other health-care professionals to continue lifelong learning and improve their competence and performance, with the goal of improving patient outcomes.
- Extend the academic expertise of Penn State Health’s clinical and basic sciences by disseminating research and knowledge on prevention, treatment, and practice to help improve patient outcomes
- Provide accredited continuing medical education for internal and external audiences based on identified needs and practice gaps
- Respond to requests from external health-care professionals, agencies, and organizations
- Collaborate with organizations to deliver educational initiatives for a national audience
- Conquer Run raises $132,665 for Four Diamonds The Conquer Run, a competitive 5K run and fun walk through Hersheypark, raised more than $132,665 for Four Diamonds at Penn State Children’s Hospital and the fight against childhood cancer. The event, which was held Sept. 24, drew more than 1,000 participants.More...
- Streaming address for Penn State Town Hall announced The University is hosting a Town Hall from 3-5 p.m. Sept. 28 in the Pavilion Theatre at University Park. The meeting will be livestreamed for faculty and staff members at all Penn State campuses to view.More...
- 24 Alumni Fellows recognized for distinguished careers The Penn State Alumni Association will recognize 24 graduates in October with the lifelong title of Alumni Fellow, the highest award given by the Alumni Association.More...
- Espenshade wins volunteer services award Sue Espenshade, manager of volunteer services at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the 2016 Evelyn Burston Award.More...