The Chaplain provides care to meet the spiritual, emotional, and sacramental needs of patients, families, significant others and staff, at times of joy as well as grief and sorrow, regardless of religious persuasion. Other services include:
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Spiritual assessment, intervention, comfort and nurture
- Facilitation and support of religious practices of all faiths and spiritual paths
- Pastoral education
- Non-judgemental listening
- Crisis intervention
- Advocacy for patients and staff
- Collaboration with all members of the healthcare team
- Consultations on Advanced Directives, End-Of-Life decisions and ethical issues
- Continued development of relationships with multi-faith leaders and communities who offer adjunct chaplaincy and referral-based spiritual and religious support
- A chaplain is on-call at all times
- During business hours and to leave a message, call 717-531-8177
- For emergencies, call 717-531-8521, pager 1253
- The main office is located next to the Chapel on the first floor. Call 717-531-8177
- The educational offices are in H1054
- Roman Catholic ministry coordinator - 717-531-8359
- Our fax number is 717-531-3718
The Interfaith Chapel is located on the first floor near the main entrance Meditation area and is open for all people.
Specific meditation areas for Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths are open and available at all times unless scheduled for other worship:
- Christian Worship - Every Sunday at 11am in the Interfaith Chapel.
- Catholic Mass - Mass is held every Wednesday at noon in the Interfaith Chapel.
- Jumu'ah Prayer Service - Every Friday at 1pm in the Interfaith Chapel.
The Chapel is located on the first floor of the hospital, near the lobby towards the south elevators. It is a non-denominational retreat, open 24 hours a day. You, your family members and your friends are welcome to visit the Chapel to pray or reflect in quiet.