The Children's Hospital serves children from newborn to 18 years of age. All of these children have their own unique needs while they are hospitalized.
If you are considering making a donation please contact Child Life for guidelines at (717) 531-8366 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations must be approved by Child Life staff before they can be accepted.
Remember we cannot display denominational or religious materials. We are unable to accept gently used toys, stuffed animals or homemade items.
If you are considering making a monetary donation, checks should be made payable to "Penn State University", notation on memo line "to benefit PSHCH-Child Life".
Checks can be mailed directly to:
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center
University Development & Alumni Relations
600 Centerview Drive, A120
PO Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
Children's Wish List
- Children's board books - English and Spanish (must be brand new)
- Thin coloring books
- Crayons - 8, 16 or 24 count
- Markers - washable - 8 or 16 count
- New release Lullaby CDs
- Fuzzy posters - various sizes
- Sun-catchers (paint-able)
- Individual perler bead kits
- Play-doh - all sizes
- 4 oz or 8 oz Super Miracle Bubbles (non-scented)
- Socks (must be brand new)
- Small, easy craft kits
- Small Lego kits
- Craft kits - Individual
- Latch hook kits
- Games: Sorry, Sorry Sliders, Trouble, Apple to Apples, Monopoly, Monopoly Jr., Battleship, Connect 4, Boggle, Upwords, Phase 10, various UNO games, Bop It, Creationary, Scrabble Jr, Boggle and Boggle Jr,, Clue, Clue Jr., Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders, Memory Games
- Card Games: Regular Playing Cards, UNO, Skip-Bo, Phase 10
- Arts and crafts kits (Alex brand name really enjoyed)
- Sketch pads and sketch tools
- Snap together model car kits
- Current teen magazines
- Chapstick / Lip Gloss
- Lipsmackers Chapstick
- Body Lotions and Body Sprays
- AXE products (items for our older teens)
- Nail Polish (NO Nail Polish Remover at this time)
For a more extensive wish list, please see the Child Life Wish List.
For our book wish list, please see the Child Life Book Wish List.
The Starlight Foundation also hosts a wish list for the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Child Life program. To view our wish list through the Starlight Foundation, please visit : http://hcf.starlight.org/hcf/profile/index/id/1544/
We are UNABLE to accept the following:
- Caps / Hats
- Stuffed animals
- Used books
- VHS tapes
- Homemade cards
Because our patients are so acutely ill, we are unable to allow donors to deliver gifts or give parties for the children.
Please remember that all donations must be approved by the Child Life Program prior to delivery. Deliver donations to the information desk in the Children's Hospital main lobby between 8 am and 6 pm Monday through Thursday or 8 am and 3:30 pm on Friday. Please call for weekend delivery options. The information desk staff will ask you to provide your name and address at the time of delivery.