How to Apply
All applications are taken through ERAS only. We will not be accepting paper applications.
All applications are considered without regard to race, religion, gender, or national origin.
- Register with the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP) for a PL-1 position. All our first-year residency positions are filled through the NRMP.
- Register with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All applicants to our residency program must come through ERAS.
- Application Deadline: Due to the volume of applications we receive and the time constraints of individual interviews, we may not consider applications received after December 31.
- Complete Application
We require the following items to be included in your application materials:
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter and Transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores (Steps I and II, if available)
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked.
Note: We do not require a letter from your department chairman
Applications will be reviewed once your ERAS application is complete.
Interviews are by invitation only and, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you will be able to interview on the date you request. We will, however, do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you.
Once we have reviewed your completed ERAS file we will invite qualified applicants for an interview with faculty and residents.
Interviews will be primarily conducted on Tuesdays to allow candidates to attend the weekly Med/Peds noon conference in November through late-January, excluding holiday breaks. It would be advisable to respond to the invitation to interview as quickly as possible, as the interview dates in early December and January are usually booked quickly.
We are fortunate enough to receive many applications. We want to give you our finest attention and to schedule your visit on the date that is most convenient for you. Therefore, we urge you to submit your application materials as soon as you possibly can! Applications must be received by the ERAS post office no later than Friday, December 31st.
International medical students can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, ECFMG, for their application materials and eligibility requirements. Application materials will be sent only to those candidates who meet ECFMG requirements. Please write to ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, USA, or point your Web browser to www.ecfmg.org to download their form. (J-1 visas)
Interviews will include a tour of the Hospital and lunch. Your day will begin at 7:20 am on Tuesdays; 7:45 am on other days and will conclude by 3:30 pm.
Lodging: The program will pay for 1 (one) night of your lodging. You will need to call the hotel to make your reservation and hold your room with your credit card. Upon checkout, the hotel will charge the program rather than your credit card.