Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
Every year, Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital at Penn State Hershey Medical Center is a destination for hope and healing for thousands of children and their families. As the only Level I pediatric trauma center between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we serve the most populous rural regions in the nation, with more than a million children in our referral area.
Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital offers more than 20 specialty pediatric patient services in Hershey and numerous specialty services at more than 30 outpatient clinic locations throughout Pennsylvania.
- Three Years in Two Minutes - time lapsed video of new Children's Hospital
- Penn State Hershey dedicates new Children's Hospital building
- Topping Off Ceremony held at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
- Learn the "Fast Facts" about Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
- Check out the latest Cub Chat newsletter
Kohl's Healthy Choices for Healthy Champions
In an effort to stem the rise in childhood obesity, Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center with Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital has partnered with Kohl's Department Store to create the program, Kohl's Healthy Choices for Healthy Champions. This program teaches families the importance of bringing healthy choices to life — starting with eating healthy and getting active.
Through outreach events,this program provides tools and resources for making behavior changes to support increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables, making better beverage choices, understanding proper portion size, increasing minutes of daily physical activity, and recognizing the need to balance calories consumed through food/drink versus calories burned through physical activity and growth. Click to learn more about our Video Contest.
Journey toward Healing
Penn State Hershey Parent Support Group
If you are grieving the loss of a child, you are not alone! There are others who can relate and understand what you are going through. Join us.
Regularly scheduled meetings provide an opportunity to meet others who are going through a similar situation. To get to know one another, socialize, and support each other through this incredibly trying time.
- When: Wednesdays, May 1- June 19 (7:00-8:30 p.m.)
- Where: 30 Hope Drive, Entrance B (Room 1019); East Health Campus; Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey
- For more information, including how to register, download our flyer.
Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital has a number of hospitality services available to parents and their children. Click here to take a look at some of our services.
- Moses Taylor Hospital in Scranton, PA is under a new agreement (May 2013) agreement with Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and will be staffed by Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital pediatric hospitalists, physicians who specialize in the care of acutely ill infants, children and adolescents. Moses Taylor Hospital is a 217-bed acute care hospital committed to quality, patient-focused care. The hospital's signature women's and children's services include family birthing suites - recognized for three years in the top 10 percent of birthing hospitals in the nation - pediatrics and the region's only Level 3 neonatal intensive care unit. Moses Taylor Hospital is an affiliate of Commonwealth Health.
- Teddy Bear adoptions provide opportunities to clear up hospital misconceptions with kids
- Penn State Hershey dedicates new Children's Hospital building - Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center celebrated a new era of comprehensive patient- and family-centered care with the dedication today of the new, freestanding
- Penn State to create Center for the Protection of Children - As the region's only academic medical center, Penn State Hershey is strategically positioned to help fulfill the University's responsibility to improve the detection, treatment, and prevention of child abuse. The Center for the Protection of Children is poised to pioneer an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to addressing the causes and consequences of child maltreatment.
- "Look Out for Child Abuse," website is a collaborative of the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, Department of Humanities and the Center on Children and the Law of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law.
- Children's Hospital ranks among top in nation - Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital has been ranked in three specialties in U.S. News & World Report's 2012-13 Best Children's Hospitals rankings.
Why give to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital?
The mission of The Four Diamonds Fund is to conquer childhood cancer by assisting children treated at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and their families through superior care, comprehensive support, and innovative research.
Any family with a child being treated for pediatric cancer at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital in Hershey is automatically eligible for support.
The Fund has helped more than 2,000 families since 1972. Approximately 90 new families receive support each year.
Why give to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital?
- Deadline approaching for Kohl’s Healthy Champions video contest Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center, together with the Kohl’s Cares Hospital Program and Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is hosting a video contest for families, schools and organizations. Participants have a chance to win a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iPad mini.More...
- Penn State Hershey Epilepsy Program recognized by NAEC Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program was recently recognized as a Level 4 Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC).More...
- New leadership coming to human resources, community relations Lisa Abbott will join Penn State Hershey on June 3 as associate vice president for human resources for health affairs for Penn State and chief human resources officer for Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. With Abbott’s arrival, Charles Wilson, who has served as chief human resources officer for the Medical Center since 2002, will move into the new role of chief community relations officer on an interim basis.More...
- The Medical Minute: Preparing home and car for emergencies Whether traveling or at home, there are things you can do before an emergency to ensure a swift response and a better possible outcome to your situation.More...