Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
Every year, Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital at Penn State Hershey Medical Center is a destination for hope and healing for thousands of children and their families. As the only Level I pediatric trauma center between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we serve the most populous rural regions in the nation, with more than a million children in our referral area.
Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital offers more than 20 specialty pediatric patient services in Hershey and numerous specialty services at more than 30 outpatient clinic locations throughout Pennsylvania.
- Three Years in Two Minutes - time lapsed video of new Children's Hospital
- Penn State Hershey dedicates new Children's Hospital building
- Learn the "Fast Facts" about Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
- Check out the latest Cub Chat newsletter
Referring Physician Directory
Request your copy of our Children's Hospital Directory of Programs and Services.
Penn State Hershey part of new report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes
Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is part of a first-of-its-kind report released today on pediatric and congenital heart surgery. The report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes is a first of its kind in Pennsylvania, and is the only statewide reporting effort like it in the nation.
Read the full story: http://news.psu.edu/link/v7PzbfVc
- Child Abuse Awareness -What to do if you see child abuse (in public)
- "Look Out for Child Abuse," website is a collaborative of the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, Department of Humanities and the Center on Children and the Law of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law.
- Children's Hospital again ranked as one of nation's best
- Moses Taylor Hospital in Scranton, PA is under a new agreement (May 2013) agreement with Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and will be staffed by Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital pediatric hospitalists, physicians who specialize in the care of acutely ill infants, children and adolescents. Moses Taylor Hospital is a 217-bed acute care hospital committed to quality, patient-focused care. The hospital's signature women's and children's services include family birthing suites - recognized for three years in the top 10 percent of birthing hospitals in the nation - pediatrics and the region's only Level 3 neonatal intensive care unit. Moses Taylor Hospital is an affiliate of Commonwealth Health.
- Children's Hospital ranks among top in nation - Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital has been ranked in three specialties in U.S. News & World Report's 2012-13 Best Children's Hospitals rankings.
Registration is open for CLIMB (Children's Lives Includes Moments of Bravery), a free, four-week program designed to help children cope when someone they love has cancer by encouraging discussion and creativity. All sessions are facilitated by a health care provider who is specially trained in the care of families coping with cancer. Children between the ages of five and thirteen whose parent or grandparent is in active treatment for cancer can participate. All sessions are held at Penn State Hershey Breast Center, 30 Hope Drive. For dates, times and registration information, click here.
Cubby Care Award
Celebrating the Amazing, Respect and Excellence our patients and families receive!
At Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, patient and family-centered care is our culture. We believe families are an extension of the patient and a partner in their child's care.
The Children's Hospital Family Advisory Council created an award to celebrate those staff and faculty who embody the patient and family-centered values of the Children's Hospital.
Nominations for the Cubby CARE Award are reviewed by the Family Advisory Council and winners are announced annually. Awards are presented to recipients during the Penn State Hershey Medical Center Service Excellence Celebration in October.
Nominees can include anyone who has a direct or indirect impact on patients and families. Nominations can be individuals or teams, anyone or any group that truly demonstrates the values of patient- and family-centered care.
How do I nominate someone or a team for the Cubby CARE Award?
It's easy! Anyone can nominate someone for the Cubby CARE Award!
You can complete and submit the form online.
Once the form is received, someone will contact you to have a more in-depth conversation about your experience
with the nominee.
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals® is an international non-profit organization that saves the lives of children by raising funds and awareness for more than 170 children's hospitals. Children's Miracle Network benefits Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and serves the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region. Children's Miracle Network has raised more than $47 million since it began in 1984. Funds raised stay local to help to purchase life saving equipment and support vital patient programs, services and pediatric research at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.
The mission of Four Diamonds is to conquer childhood cancer by assisting children treated at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and their families through superior care, comprehensive support, and innovative research.
Since its creation, Four Diamonds has helped more than 3,500 children and families, and supported a diverse platform of pediatric cancer research at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, seeking improved treatments and cures to benefit those around the world. Because of the community's steady and generous support, Four Diamonds has been able to assist 100% of the pediatric cancer patients who have been treated at Penn State Hershey.
To learn more about Four Diamonds and how you save the life of a child battling cancer, please visit www.FourDiamonds.org or call 717-531-6086.
- The Medical Minute: Many people with congenital heart disease living longer At one time, many children born with congenital heart disease (CHD) suffered from issues that carried fatal prognoses. That has changed, though, thanks to technological advancements.More...
- Penn State Hershey part of new report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital is part of a first-of-its-kind report released today on pediatric and congenital heart surgery. The report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes is a first of its kind in Pennsylvania, and is the only statewide reporting effort like it in the nation.More...
- New program to promote and fund collaborative research at College of Medicine A new program to promote research collaborations and fund team research projects at Penn State Hershey kicks off on Feb. 26.More...
- Radiothon raises money to support programs at Children’s Hospital The 2015 GIANT Foods Stores I Care for Kids Radiothon on WIOV 105.1 raised $123,380 for Children's Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...