Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Committee recommends capital budget request, learns of improvement projects Penn State is requesting $129.2 million in capital funding from the state for fiscal year 2015-16, with a primary focus on funding major building renewal and maintenance projects.More...
- Trustees approve structure for new Health enterprise The Board of Trustees committee on Finance, Business and Capital Planning today (Sept. 18) voted to recommend the creation of Penn State Health, a new not-for-profit entity that provides a legal structure to incorporate various health care facilities and service providers into one new health enterprise. The full board will vote on the motion on Friday.More...
- Hershey's Hillemeier discusses year of continued clinical growth, innovation Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center continued a trend of strong financial performance, with a fiscal year highlighted by clinical growth and innovative approaches to education, research and patient care challenges spurred by a health care industry undergoing rapid transformation.More...
- Diabetes Fair to highlight therapies, educational information Adult Diabetes Education at Penn State Hershey will host a diabetes fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 1 at the University Fitness Center, rooms A, B and C for all members of the community. Faculty and staff are also welcome to attend.More...