Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart and Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...
- The Medical Minute: Understanding who’s at risk for Zika virus If you hadn’t heard of the Zika virus, chances are that has changed with recent reports of outbreaks of the mosquito-borne illness in Latin America, and possible cases in the United States — maybe even Pennsylvania.More...
- Team from Penn State Hershey travels to Ghana A group of clinical participants from Penn State Hershey — including senior medical students, residents, nurse practitioner students and faculty — are currently in rural Ghana.More...
- Cookie sale results in check presentation for Child Life Program Eli Webb and Noah Schreffler, two first-graders from Middletown, recently came home from school with an idea: they wanted to bake and sell cookies and donate the money raised to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...