Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- The Medical Minute: Simple steps can lead to safe sleep for infants The number of infants who die each year from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) has decreased in recent decades as awareness of safe sleeping habits has increased. Yet each year, babies still die from sudden, unexplained causes.More...
- Tickets on sale for Children's Miracle Ball on Nov. 22 The 25th annual Miracle Ball will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Hershey Lodge. The ball begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction followed by dinner, dancing and entertainment provided by Honey Pump.More...
- Tickets available for Neiman Marcus Fashion Show on Dec. 5 at Hotel Hershey Children's Miracle Network's annual Neiman Marcus Fashion Show returns Dec. 5 to the Hotel Hershey. This elegant runway show and luncheon benefits the children and families of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Comics in illness the topic of the next First Fridays Lecture The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine will welcome Katie Green to the November First Fridays Lecture, “SHOW AND TELL: The Power of Comics in Illness,” at noon Nov. 7 in Room C2860.More...