Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Meyers receives $100,000 grant to advance breast cancer research The PA Breast Cancer Coalition has presented $100,000 to Craig Meyers of Penn State College of Medicine. Meyers’ research focuses on using the adeno-associated virus type 2, or AAV2, to kill breast cancer cells in certain types of tumors.More...
- Lecture, workshop to kick off celebration of new office The new Office of Inter-Professional Collaborative Education and Teamwork kick-off celebration will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec.10, at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- The Medical Minute: Services for adults with autism ‘a pressing priority' In the early 1990s, autism awareness kicked into high gear, and Pennsylvania responded by developing programs and services to meet the needs of newly diagnosed children. Now, those children have become young adults, and the medical community faces its next challenge -- how to serve adults with autism.More...
- Spin for THON 2015 will burn calories, raise funds Nov. 28 Start the holiday season off right and spin off turkey and stuffing from Thanksgiving dinner while raising money at Spin for THON 2015. One-hour spin classes will run from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 28 at the University Fitness Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...