Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Penn State Hershey exceeds ‘For the Future’ campaign goal Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has surpassed the $300 million goal of its most ambitious fundraising initiative to date, raising $306,476,284 in private support.More...
- Football team visits Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Core value No. 1 for Penn State Football is ensuring that every member of the program has a positive attitude at all times. When the entire team boarded three buses on Wednesday (July 23) afternoon, head coach James Franklin and the Nittany Lions set out on a mission to make a visit to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital one filled with positivity and enthusiasm.More...
- The Medical Minute: Summer can be time to address behavior problems After weeks of the kids being out of school, some parents have had enough of their behavior and are counting the days until they go back. Some may also be wondering how much of the defiant behavior is normal and when it's time to seek help.More...
- Tobacco Intervention Program at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey Medical Center’s Tobacco Intervention Program, or TIP, support group meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Monday evening at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free group sessions guide participants from decision-making to quitting through relapse prevention. Interested individuals should call 1-800-243-1455 to register and for directions.More...