Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart and Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Physician Assistant Program at College of Medicine welcomes new class The Physician Assistant (PA) Program at Penn State College of Medicine welcomed its entering class of 2016 during its annual White Coat Ceremony on May 24. The 30 students were presented with their white coats, symbolizing their entrance into the medical profession.More...
- The Medical Minute: Keys to building and maintaining bone strength Osteoporosis is on the rise as 75 million baby boomers approach their golden years. Yet many patients and physicians are not aware of what they can do to prevent, slow down and treat the condition, which happens when holes develop in bone, creating a risk of fractures from falls.More...
- Nursing professional uses homeland security degree to help her community A Penn State nursing professional studying homeland security online developed an action plan for her community to respond to infectious disease outbreaks.More...
- Bringing diversity into focus on the Hershey campus Tucked away in the Biomedical Research Building of the college, Lynette Chappell-Williams isn’t even sure people know her office exists, let alone what it does. That helps her cause in a way — because she doesn’t want people to think advancing diversity and inclusion is the business of her office alone. Everyone plays a role.More...