Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...