Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- The Medical Minute: Cancer patients benefit from an active lifestyle When diagnosed with cancer, patients expect the standard treatments of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. However, additional integrated therapies can address the needs of both body and mind when battling or recovering from cancer, as Jen Price, senior exercise physiologist at the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center, explains.More...
- Incoming PA Program students receive white coats Penn State College of Medicine welcomed 30 new students into the Physician Assistant Program on May 19 at the annual White Coat Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey physician named in ASCP’s 40 Under 40 program Dr. Melissa George, medical director of transfusion medicine and apheresis, assistant professor of pathology, and associate director of the pathology residence program at Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been named as a 2015 American Society for Clinical Pathology 40 Under Forty recipient.More...
- Bird to serve as interim chair of family and community medicine Dr. William Bird has been named interim chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, effective July 1.More...