Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Hershey Community Garden vies for grant in online competition The Hershey Community Garden is a nominee for a grant from Seeds of Change, an organic seed company. In order to win a grant, the Community Garden needs the help of the entire Penn State Hershey community to vote. Click on this link to vote: http://www.seedsofchangegrant.com/TheGallery.aspxMore...
- Special lighting of the Crescent building recognizes upcoming occasions As part of an ongoing effort to reduce energy usage and operate in a more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner, Penn State Hershey installed an LED lighting system to illuminate its signature Crescent building, replacing the original and less efficient facade lighting. This week, the building is lit in blue in honor of National Child Abuse Awareness Month.More...
- Presentation to explore the world of modern day slavery Penn State Hershey will host a presentation by advocacy group Women at Risk Int’l titled “Modern Day Slavery: Trafficking & Exploitation of Vulnerable Women” at noon April 23 in Lecture Room C.More...
- Pinwheel garden set up in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that everyone can play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in the community. Over the last week, new decorations have popped up on the lawn of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...