- Animals - Transgenics, Phenotyping, Imaging
- Research Informatics and Computing
- Flow Cytometry
- Genome Sciences
- Macromolecular Synthesis
- Microscopy and Histology
- DNA Sequencing
- Morphologic and Molecular Pathology
- MRI and NMR Facilities
- Proteins and Mass Spectrometry
- Other Institutional Cores
- LabLink: Proteus/Geneus LIMS
- Sample Transport - Shuttle Info
- Additional Services
News and Events
Research Resources/Core Facilities:
- April 2015 - Dr Thomas Abraham's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Nikon A1 MP+ Multiphototon Microscope System was awarded. This advanced imaging instrument has deep tissue imaging and fast hybrid scanning capabilities. Congratulations to Dr. Abraham and the Imaging Core Facility!
- Thanks to the Capital Equipment Purchase Program made available by the Office of the Vice Dean for Research & Graduate Studies, the following new equipment is now available to researchers:
QuantStudio Real-Time PCR System & Digital PCR Reader are located in the Genome Sciences Core (C2705) Contact Rob Brucklacher email@example.com for information
14 color LSR Fortessa located in the Flow Cytometry Core (C3603) Contact Nate Sheaffer firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Seahorse XF96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer is located in C2705. Contact Wade Edris email@example.com for information.
- The Genomics Core Facility sponsored LifeTech seminars on Digital PCR and RNA SEQ - these were recorded by Mediasite broadcast, and can be viewed from your desktop - link is http://live.libraries.psu.edu/Mediasite/Play/0afb35b533cc4079b9fb0a41c09b7fa01d?catalog=348c4f44-c319-43cf-aa97-b50700fd983
- A Biacore 3000 Surface Plasmon Resonance instrument is now located in room C2705 and available for use. Please see the web page for more info www.pennstatehershey.org/web/core/surface-plasmon-resonance
- Please help us catalogue ALL resources at PSU by adding candidate resources (instruments, services, consultations, unique reagents, virus stocks, plasmids, yeast strains, etc.) to the list at https://wikispaces.psu.edu/x/V-vUB
- May 2012 - Dr. Colin Barnstable's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Live-Cell Confocal Microscope was funded. Congratulations Dr. Barnstable and group!
- April 2012 - Dr. Susan Hafenstein's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new CryoEM Microscope was funded, and institutional funds were added to purchase the new system. Congratulations Dr. Hafenstein and group!
All research tools and work contributed by our Core Facilities should minimally be acknowledged in any publications. Guidelines for authorship have been established by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors and similar organizations, and significant intellectual contribution is the ONLY important criterion, not whether a service is paid for or free.