Welcome to Penn State Hershey Clinical Trials Office
Our mission is to enhance, foster, and promote organized high quality clinical research within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. By promoting clinical research, the Clinical Trials Office will help Penn State Hershey Medical Center to meet its mission goals of excellence in patient care, education, research and community service. The Institution is committed to providing world-class patient care with innovative therapies to treat disease, to promote health and wellness, including the option for patient participation in clinical research. As an academic medical center, it is our responsibility to participate in research and make new discoveries to advance the art and science of medicine for future generations.
- Cancer Institute
- Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Critical Care
- General Internal Medicine
- Healthy Volunteers
- Lung Disease/Asthma
- Neuroscience Institute
- Sleep Research
- Women's Health
Protocol Submission and Review Process
An academic health center strives to balance the competing interests of industry, academic researchers, and the public in the development of drugs and devices leading to potential advancements in healthcare. At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (PSHMC), we have developed an integrated Research Support Team that is a critical component for streamlining the regulatory, contractual and financial aspects.
- Office of Technology Development (OTD)
- Human Subjects Protection Office (HSPO/IRB)
- Office of Research Affairs (ORA)
- Department Research Centers & Programs
- Research Development Office (RDO)
- Faculty Research Expertise Database (Profiles)
- Public Health Sciences - Data Management, Biostatistics, Research Computing
The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) is the institutional office that provides administrative support to research staff for non-oncology industry sponsored clinical trials at the Penn State College of Medicine. All industry sponsored clinical protocols should be reviewed by the CTO for institutional and financial feasibility. The office also assists investigators with budget development for grant applications.
If you are inquiring about a cancer clinical trial, please call the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute Clinical Trials Office at 717-531-5471.
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Support Services Building, Room 200 (Building located behind the BMR. Office is on the 2nd floor.)
Penn State Clinical Trials Office
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive, MC: H052, SSB Room 200
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone Number: 717-531-3779
Toll free phone number: 1-866-905-1872
For suggestions or comments about the Penn State Clinical Trials website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Medical Minute: Information is power for women at high risk of breast cancer Now that medical professionals have identified gene mutations that predispose for breast cancer, patients can take proactive steps to reduce their risk. Many cases of breast cancer seem to have no genetic link, but people with a strong family history of cancer should consider getting tested to see if they carry a mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes.More...
- Best-selling author and eating disorder survivor to speak about recovery Penn State Hershey Eating Disorders Clinic invites the community to a free program with a best-selling author at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 28. “Step By Step: Turn Your Worst Moments Into Your Greatest Achievements” will be presented by Brian Cuban, a 1983 Penn State graduate, and author of the Amazon best-selling book "Shattered Image: My Triumph Over Body Dysmorphic Disorder."More...
- Medical student receives fellowship in tropical medicine Kimberly Faldetta, a medical student at Penn State College of Medicine, has been named a 2014 Benjamin H. Kean Travel Fellow by the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. This nationally competitive fellowship awards program provided Faldetta with funding for her project in the field of tropical medicine.More...
- Save 10 percent on Halloween costumes and décor, support Children’s Hospital With Halloween around the corner, Spirit of Halloween stores want to help make things less “scary” for kids and their families by providing fun and funding to the Child Life Program at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...