Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
On October 29, 2013 Penn State Hershey Dermatology clinic received an award for Medical Group Outstanding Patient Satisfaction scoring above the 90th percentile.
Dermatology Physicians scoring above the 90th percentile nationwide for 2012-2013 are:
- Jennie Clarke, M.D., James G. Marks, M.D., Christie Travelute, M.D., and Andrea Zaenglein, M.D.
Dermatology Physicians scoring above the 75th to 90th percentile nationwide for 2012-2013 are:
- Bryan Anderson, M.D., Thomas Davidowski, M.D., Sara Ferguson, M.D., Jeffrey Miller, M.D., and Diane Thiboutot, M.D.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- For women with bipolar disorder, sleep quality affects mood Poor sleep is associated with negative mood in women with bipolar disorder, according to researchers at Penn State College of Medicine and University of Michigan Medical School.More...
- The Medical Minute: How breast density can affect cancer screenings When it comes to breast cancer screening, the density of your breasts affects how well a mammogram can detect cancerous tissues. That’s why Pennsylvania is one of 21 states that have adopted laws requiring radiologists to include information about breast density in every woman’s mammogram report.More...
- Medical Center, Carlisle Regional sign emergency medicine agreement Beginning Aug. 1, the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Department of Emergency Medicine will assist in managing the operations of the Emergency Department at Carlisle Regional Medical Center.More...
- LED light fixtures in Penn State Hershey parking garages save energy and money During the late summer and fall of 2014, Penn State Hershey’s Facilities Department performed a lighting retrofit on the Centerview and South parking garages. They replaced more than 1,000 existing 175-watt metal halide fixtures with 55-watt LED light fixtures. The change has resulted in an annual energy savings of 1,553,345 kilowatt hours, which is worth more than $138,000 and is equivalent to the amount used in a year by 147 homes.More...