Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- Patients with atrial fibrillation offered hope by new implantable device People with atrial fibrillation are most commonly treated with long-term use of blood-thinning medications to reduce the risk of a stroke. But a newly approved device now being implanted by physicians at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers many of those patients hope that they may be able to discontinue use of blood-thinners.More...
- Graduate student excellence celebrated at awards luncheon Penn State President Eric Barron presented 11 awards to more than 30 graduate students in recognition of outstanding achievement during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...
- 13 graduate students receive Penn State Alumni Association Dissertation Award Thirteen graduate students received the Penn State Alumni Association Dissertation Award, Distinguished Doctoral Scholar Medal in recognition of their outstanding professional accomplishment and achievement in scholarly research in any of the disciplinary areas of fine arts and humanities; social sciences—applied and basic; physical and computational sciences—applied and basic; life and health sciences; and engineering. The graduate students were honored during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held on April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...
- University honors graduate students with Professional Master’s Excellence Award Four Penn State graduate students received the Professional Master’s Excellence Award. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in a professional master’s degree program, in any discipline, based upon the student’s academic record in the graduate program and the quality and impact of the student’s culminating experience, including creative works, performance, and projects conducted in a professional setting.More...