Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- The Medical Minute: Joint cracks and pops usually not cause for concern It’s not unusual for your body to make “popping” or “cracking” sounds as you lean over, twist or reach for something. Fortunately, it’s also typically not a cause for worry.More...
- Ribbon cutting for Employee Health and Wellness Center held Jan. 16 Penn State launched a new initiative for employee health and wellness on Jan. 16 with a ribbon-cutting event for the Penn State Employee Health and Wellness Center, scheduled to open in mid-February on the University Park campus.More...
- Fit, Trim and Slim session kicks off on Feb. 1 The next session of Fit, Trim and Slim, Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's 12-week weight management program, will begin on Feb. 1.More...
- Annual public forum on cancer set for March 11 The 13th annual Reducing Cancer in our Community, an open public forum, will be held at 8:30 a.m. on March 11 at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center campus.More...