Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- Inaugural Brain Run 5K event set for Oct. 8 The inaugural Brain Run 5K race/walk will take place Oct. 8 at Milton Hershey School, with proceeds to benefit research and outreach at Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- Upcoming Reynolds Lecture to feature almuna Nancy Collop The Department of Medicine Herbert Y. and Anne L. Reynolds Lecture will be held on Oct. 11. Guest speaker Dr. Nancy A. Collop, a College of Medicine graduate, will present “Sleep Apnea — The Not-So-Silent Disease in Your Waiting Room.”More...
- Training grant addresses need for physician scientists A new National Institutes of Health-sponsored training grant awarded to Penn State College of Medicine addresses the need to develop physician-scientists who are well trained in basic, translational and clinical research.More...
- Conquer Run raises $132,665 for Four Diamonds The Conquer Run, a competitive 5K run and fun walk through Hersheypark, raised more than $132,665 for Four Diamonds at Penn State Children’s Hospital and the fight against childhood cancer. The event, which was held Sept. 24, drew more than 1,000 participants.More...