Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn Hershey Dermatology
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
On October 29, 2013 Penn State Hershey Dermatology clinic received an award for Medical Group Outstanding Patient Satisfaction scoring above the 90th percentile.
Dermatology Physicians scoring above the 90th percentile nationwide for 2012-2013 are:
- Jennie Clarke, M.D., James G. Marks, M.D., Christie Travelute, M.D., and Andrea Zaenglein, M.D.
Dermatology Physicians scoring above the 75th to 90th percentile nationwide for 2012-2013 are:
- Bryan Anderson, M.D., Thomas Davidowski, M.D., Sara Ferguson, M.D., Jeffrey Miller, M.D., and Diane Thiboutot, M.D.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- The Medical Minute: Cancer patients benefit from an active lifestyle When diagnosed with cancer, patients expect the standard treatments of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. However, additional integrated therapies can address the needs of both body and mind when battling or recovering from cancer, as Jen Price, senior exercise physiologist at the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center, explains.More...
- Incoming PA Program students receive white coats Penn State College of Medicine welcomed 30 new students into the Physician Assistant Program on May 19 at the annual White Coat Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey physician named in ASCP’s 40 Under 40 program Dr. Melissa George, medical director of transfusion medicine and apheresis, assistant professor of pathology, and associate director of the pathology residence program at Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been named as a 2015 American Society for Clinical Pathology 40 Under Forty recipient.More...
- Bird to serve as interim chair of family and community medicine Dr. William Bird has been named interim chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, effective July 1.More...