Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn Hershey Dermatology
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients. Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
**Penn State Hershey Dermatology is currently seeking a Physician Scientist. For more information, please refer to the advertisement.
Fast Facts in Research
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 6th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 20th, 2014 from 1:00 - 5:00 PM.
- Committee recommends capital budget request, learns of improvement projects Penn State is requesting $129.2 million in capital funding from the state for fiscal year 2015-16, with a primary focus on funding major building renewal and maintenance projects.More...
- Trustees approve structure for new Health enterprise The Board of Trustees committee on Finance, Business and Capital Planning today (Sept. 18) voted to recommend the creation of Penn State Health, a new not-for-profit entity that provides a legal structure to incorporate various health care facilities and service providers into one new health enterprise. The full board will vote on the motion on Friday.More...
- Hershey's Hillemeier discusses year of continued clinical growth, innovation Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center continued a trend of strong financial performance, with a fiscal year highlighted by clinical growth and innovative approaches to education, research and patient care challenges spurred by a health care industry undergoing rapid transformation.More...
- Diabetes Fair to highlight therapies, educational information Adult Diabetes Education at Penn State Hershey will host a diabetes fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 1 at the University Fitness Center, rooms A, B and C for all members of the community. Faculty and staff are also welcome to attend.More...