Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Research
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients.
Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Fast Facts in Research
- 18 sponsored clinical studies (12 industry sponsored and 6 investigator initiated)
- 44 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,700 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $9,100 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 7th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 19, 2015, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, UPC II, 4200
- Espenshade wins volunteer services award Sue Espenshade, manager of volunteer services at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the 2016 Evelyn Burston Award.More...
- Milewicz to deliver 2016 Fall Dean's Lecture The 2016 Fall Dean’s Lecture will be held from 4 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 5 in the Junker Auditorium on the campus of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: Stepping up efforts to hone in on teen depression New guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics are designed to help pediatricians identify more serious depression and suicidal tendencies so teens get the help they need to climb out of any dark holes before they get stuck.More...
- Writing a novel the focus of next Humanities First Friday Dr. John Benedict will present “Pursue your Passion and Write a Successful Novel” at the next Humanities First Friday on Oct. 7 on the campus of the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.More...