Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn Hershey Dermatology
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients. Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
**Penn State Hershey Dermatology is currently seeking a Physician Scientist. For more information, please refer to the advertisement.
Fast Facts in Research
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 6th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 20th, 2014 from 1:00 - 5:00 PM.
- Meyers receives $100,000 grant to advance breast cancer research The PA Breast Cancer Coalition has presented $100,000 to Craig Meyers of Penn State College of Medicine. Meyers’ research focuses on using the adeno-associated virus type 2, or AAV2, to kill breast cancer cells in certain types of tumors.More...
- Lecture, workshop to kick off celebration of new office The new Office of Inter-Professional Collaborative Education and Teamwork kick-off celebration will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec.10, at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- The Medical Minute: Services for adults with autism ‘a pressing priority' In the early 1990s, autism awareness kicked into high gear, and Pennsylvania responded by developing programs and services to meet the needs of newly diagnosed children. Now, those children have become young adults, and the medical community faces its next challenge -- how to serve adults with autism.More...
- Spin for THON 2015 will burn calories, raise funds Nov. 28 Start the holiday season off right and spin off turkey and stuffing from Thanksgiving dinner while raising money at Spin for THON 2015. One-hour spin classes will run from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 28 at the University Fitness Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...