Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Research
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients.
Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Fast Facts in Research
- 18 sponsored clinical studies (12 industry sponsored and 6 investigator initiated)
- 44 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,700 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $9,100 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 7th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 19, 2015, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, UPC II, 4200
- Penn State In The News: April 2016 In a monthly feature, Penn State’s Office of Strategic Communications features national and international news coverage of the work and expertise of Penn State’s faculty, students and staff.More...
- Penn State Stroke Center again earns highest level of designation The Penn State Stroke Center has once again earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it provides to patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in central Pennsylvania.More...
- Patients with atrial fibrillation offered hope by new implantable device People with atrial fibrillation are most commonly treated with long-term use of blood-thinning medications to reduce the risk of a stroke. But a newly approved device now being implanted by physicians at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers many of those patients hope that they may be able to discontinue use of blood-thinners.More...
- Graduate student excellence celebrated at awards luncheon Penn State President Eric Barron presented 11 awards to more than 30 graduate students in recognition of outstanding achievement during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...