Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Research
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients.
Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Fast Facts in Research
- 18 sponsored clinical studies (12 industry sponsored and 6 investigator initiated)
- 44 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,700 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $9,100 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 7th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 19, 2015, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, UPC II, 4200
- The Medical Minute: Joint cracks and pops usually not cause for concern It’s not unusual for your body to make “popping” or “cracking” sounds as you lean over, twist or reach for something. Fortunately, it’s also typically not a cause for worry.More...
- Ribbon cutting for Employee Health and Wellness Center held Jan. 16 Penn State launched a new initiative for employee health and wellness on Jan. 16 with a ribbon-cutting event for the Penn State Employee Health and Wellness Center, scheduled to open in mid-February on the University Park campus.More...
- Fit, Trim and Slim session kicks off on Feb. 1 The next session of Fit, Trim and Slim, Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's 12-week weight management program, will begin on Feb. 1.More...
- Annual public forum on cancer set for March 11 The 13th annual Reducing Cancer in our Community, an open public forum, will be held at 8:30 a.m. on March 11 at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center campus.More...