Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Research
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients.
Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Fast Facts in Research
- 18 sponsored clinical studies (12 industry sponsored and 6 investigator initiated)
- 44 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,700 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $9,100 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 7th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 19, 2015, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, UPC II, 4200
- Physician Assistant Program at College of Medicine welcomes new class The Physician Assistant (PA) Program at Penn State College of Medicine welcomed its entering class of 2016 during its annual White Coat Ceremony on May 24. The 30 students were presented with their white coats, symbolizing their entrance into the medical profession.More...
- The Medical Minute: Keys to building and maintaining bone strength Osteoporosis is on the rise as 75 million baby boomers approach their golden years. Yet many patients and physicians are not aware of what they can do to prevent, slow down and treat the condition, which happens when holes develop in bone, creating a risk of fractures from falls.More...
- Nursing professional uses homeland security degree to help her community A Penn State nursing professional studying homeland security online developed an action plan for her community to respond to infectious disease outbreaks.More...
- Bringing diversity into focus on the Hershey campus Tucked away in the Biomedical Research Building of the college, Lynette Chappell-Williams isn’t even sure people know her office exists, let alone what it does. That helps her cause in a way — because she doesn’t want people to think advancing diversity and inclusion is the business of her office alone. Everyone plays a role.More...