Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Research
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients. Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Fast Facts in Research
- 18 sponsored clinical studies (12 industry sponsored and 6 investigator initiated)
- 44 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,700 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $9,100 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 7th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 19, 2015, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, UPC II, 4200
- Penn State Hershey honored with two statewide achievement awards Penn State Hershey Medical Center is one of just nine hospitals statewide to be recognized through the Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania’s 2015 Achievement Awards program. The program is designed to honor hospitals and health systems for their innovation, creativity and commitment to patient care.More...
- Van Scoy named Fellow, will advance end of life planning research Dr. Lauren Van Scoy, assistant professor of medicine and humanities, has been named a Parker B. Francis Fellow. She will receive $156,000 over three years for her research project “Evaluating the impact of a conversation game on advance care planning activities.”More...
- Joint Commission and AHA recognize Penn State Hershey's Heart Failure Program Two national organizations have recognized the Heart Failure Program at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center for quality care.More...
- Homeland Security Program graduate put knowledge to use during marathon bombing When Charlotte Palmer Roy graduated from Penn State College of Medicine’s graduate program in homeland security in 2012, she had no idea her new found knowledge would be put to the ultimate test just one year later during the Boston Marathon bombing.More...