Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn Hershey Dermatology
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients. Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
**Penn State Hershey Dermatology is currently seeking a Physician Scientist. For more information, please refer to the advertisement.
Fast Facts in Research
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 6th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 20th, 2014 from 1:00 - 5:00 PM.
- The symbol of our best: The Nittany Lion bonds all Penn Staters For the few students across Penn State's campuses who have had the privilege of donning the suit, being the Nittany Lion mascot means far more than leading cheers — it means leading a family.More...
- 2014 Eye School seminar set for Nov. 8 at Penn State Hershey The Penn State Hershey Eye Center presents Eye School 2014, a free community education event that introduces people of all ages to anatomy, diseases and surgery of the eye. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 8, at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- Program allows students to shadow and interact with health care professionals The new school year brings changes to the Pennsylvania Youth Apprenticeship Program (PYAP), a partnership of Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, Lower Dauphin School District and Derry Township School District.More...
- Celebrate the spirit of innovation at Penn State Hershey on Oct. 29 Faculty, staff and students are invited to the fourth annual Penn State Hershey Innovation Awards ceremony hosted by the Office of the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies and the Office of Technology Development Penn State College of Medicine.More...