The Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute encourages clinicians caring for patients with diabetes and obesity to make use of and share the following resources:
- PA SPREAD is building a Primary Care Extension Service to help support Patient Centered Medical Home Transformation in primary care practices. Tools and resources are available to all for this transformation.
- Diabetes Care published the American Diabetes Association's additions to the standards of medical care in diabetes in January 2012.
- Integrated Blood Pressure Control published Evidence -based approach for managing hypertension in type 2 diabetes in May 2010 to be used as guidelines while managing blood pressure.
- New Guidelines for managing elevated blood glucose levels in people with type 2 diabetes (algorithms for better glucose control).
- Diabetes Playbook is a patient-centered resource which helps patients keep track of their diabetes care. The book offers tips on how to manage diabetes from people who treat diabetes, as well as offers tips from people who live with diabetes every day.
- Medication Card is a form that your patients may use to keep track of their medications.
- Body Mass Index Calculator to help you quickly calculate your patient's BMI.
- Health Information Library is a service of the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. This easily searchable e-library provides current information on a host of health-related topics.
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute Patient Resources provides links to web-based information and resources for specifically for patients managing diabetes and striving for healthy weight management.
- Obesity in America provides general information about understanding obesity, combating obesity, and statistics about obesity in America.