Sunday, May 15, 2016
1 – 3 p.m.
Founders Hall, Milton Hershey School
Karen B. DeSalvo, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc.
National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Acting Assistant Secretary for Health
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
A detailed schedule of Weekend Events can be found here.
Founders Hall is located on the campus of the Milton Hershey School, Hershey, PA. Below you will find information regarding the Commencement Ceremony.
- The auditorium at Founders Hall has large capacity seating. No tickets or reservations are necessary.
- Parking is available in lots C and D on the Milton Hershey School campus with shuttle service to Founders Hall. Carpools are suggested due to the size of the event. Click here for the parking map.
- Maps and Directions to Founders Hall from Hershey Medical Center
- Maps and Directions to Founders Hall
- Wheelchair access is from Parking Lot A. Please ensure to park there if you require assistance.
- Maps and Directions to Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine
- Graduation Guide
- A Graduation Guide is available to assist you in preparation of graduation in May 2016. It outlines information regarding graduation requirements, ceremony details, special events, regalia ordering process and much more.
- Graduation Attendance
- Medical Students: University Policy requires each degree candidate to be present at graduation exercises to receive the diploma in person unless excused by the Dean and University Records Officer. Requests for graduation in absentia should be made to Ms. Diane Gill, Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1, 2016.
- Graduate Students: Students must notify the University of their intent to graduate. Instructions regarding this process can be found here: http://www.registrar.psu.edu/graduation/intent.cfm
- Physician Assistant Students: It is the program's expectation that each student will be present at graduation exercises to receive the diploma in person unless excused by the Program Director, Chris Bruce. For students requesting to graduate in absentia, requests should be submitted to Chris Bruce (email@example.com) by March 1, 2016.
- Regalia Orders
- In order to participate in the ceremony, all graduates must wear a cap & tassel, gown and hood. Jostens is the college's contracted vendor for regalia. Staring January 1, 2016, you can place an online order directly with them at the following website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/college.mvc?affiliateId=1044938
- Graduates may purchase announcements through Jostens. Staring January 1, 2016, you can place your order directly with them at the following website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/college.mvc?affiliateId=1044938
- The College of Medicine's Strategic Services Office can facilitate your graduation announcement through your local hometown newspapers. Please use this web form to do so.
- All pictures related to graduation are available for purchase here: http://pshmc.smugmug.com/. This includes graduate and medical student group pictures, the awards ceremony and Commencement.
- On graduation day, the Graduate Student group picture will be taken at 11:45 a.m., the Physician Assistant Student group picture at 12 p.m. and the Medical Student group picture at 12:15 p.m. All pictures will be taken promptly at their scheduled time and in the Founders Hall rotunda area.
- Check back to this website following graduation for the direct link to the pictures.
- The 2016 Commencement Ceremony will be recorded by and copies of the DVD will be available for purchase. Please click here for the order form.
- In January 2016, The Vice Dean for Educational Affairs will contact faculty regarding attendance at the Commencement Ceremony. Faculty will receive a memo which will include an RSVP and regalia rental form.
- Regalia Orders
- Faculty will have the option to purchase or rent their regalia for the ceremony. Regalia can be picked up in the Office of Medical Education, C1704, the week of Commencement. If it is not picked up by Wednesday, May 11, it will be delivered to the provided delivery location.
- Parking and Instructions
- Parking passes and instructions for the ceremony will be sent along with regalia rentals. For those who will be using their own regalia, you will receive these items via inter-office mail.
Family and Friends
- Weekend Special Events
- A detailed schedule of Weekend Events can be found here.
The 2016 Commencement Ceremony will be recorded and DVDs will be available for purchase. Please click here for the order form.
- Getting Here
- Air: The closest airport to campus is Harrisburg International Airport (MDT). Larger airports about two hours away include Philadelphia (PHI) and Washington (BWI, Dulles, Reagan).
- Train: The closest Amtrak station is in Middletown, PA. Other nearby stations include Elizabethtown and Harrisburg. All are within 13 miles of campus.
- Car: Driving Directions
- Lodging in Hershey
- Blocks of rooms have been reserved at several Hershey and Hummelstown area hotels for Graduation Weekend 2016. Room blocks and their special rates are available for the nights of Friday, May 13, Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15. A complete list of hotels can be found here. There is plenty of lodging in and around the Hershey area. For more options outside of the blocked rooms, click here.
- Dining in Hershey
- Area attractions
- Hershey, PA website (Hersheypark, Chocolate World, ZooAmerica, Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium and Star Pavilion, Hershey Theatre, Hershey Gardens and Butterfly House, The Hershey Story)
- Antique Auto Museum
- Hershey Harrisburg Region's Official Visitors Website
- The Pennsylvania Capital
- PA Dutch Country - Lancaster
- Dutch Wonderland
- Tanger Outlets: Hershey, Lancaster
- Rockvale Outlets: Lancaster
- Harrisburg Mall
- Colonial Park Mall - Harrisburg
- Capital City Mall - Camp Hill
- Park City Mall - Lancaster
- Gettysburg, PA
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National
- Indian Echo Caverns
- Adventure Sports in Hershey
- Mt. Gretna
- Cocoaplex Cinema - Hershey
- Flagship Cinemas - Palmyra
- Regal Great Escape Harrisburg Mall
All questions can be directed to:
Ms. Thao Danz
Constituent Planning and Events Officer
Office of Medical Education
Room C1802 (office is located in Student Affairs)