Penn State Hershey Department of Emergency Medicine
Please join us in welcoming Susan B. Promes, MD as professor and chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Promes was previously professor and vice chair for education in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Promes has received numerous awards and honors for excellence in teaching, leadership and service. She is active in professional groups including the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine and the American College of Emergency Physicians; she also serves on the ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Review Committee. Her academic interests include team training, bedside teaching, medical errors, and clinical guidelines; her research focuses on medical education and faculty development with a current emphasis on evaluation of learners.
Welcome Dr. Promes!
Penn State Hershey Emergency Medicine is committed to:
- Providing the highest quality, efficient and compassionate care to our patients and our community;
- Advancing the knowledge base of Emergency Medicine and care outcomes through clinical excellence, research and scholarship and;
- Educate and train the future leaders in Emergency Medicine
- Caring - we embrace sensitivity to the well-being of patients, families and staff;
- Excellence - we strive for the highest quality of care for all patients;
- Growth - we share a personal and organizational commitment to professional development and life long learning;
- Respect - we value the dignity, autonomy and worth of individuals of all backgrounds;
- Timeliness - we strive for expeditious evaluation and treatment, while maintaining the highest possible quality; Teamwork - we are committed to work together towards common goals through effective communication, collaboration, tolerance of variation in ideas, and the assumption of responsibility and accountability for the actions and decisions required by one's role
Every minute counts in the care of acutely ill and injured patients. Life Lion's Critical Care medical teams save not only precious time, but also deliver specialized care and treatment. Click here to learn more.
Penn State Hershey Life Lion EMS is committed to providing the community, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and the region, with easy access to quality, efficient, out-of-hospital care in a professional, compassionate, and caring environment. Click here to learn more.
- Subhankar Bandyopadhyay, MD, Associate Professor
- Christopher J. DeFlitch, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair Clinical Operations, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Michelle A. Fischer, M.D., Assistant Professor, Director of Research, Director 3rd Year Student Clerkship
- Glenn K. Geeting, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair of Hospital Quality
- Manual Hernandez, M.D., Associate Professor
- C. James Holliman, M.D., Professor
- Lawrence E. Kass, M.D., Professor, Vice Chair for Academics
- Joseph Kearns, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Brian Kipe, MD., Associate Professor
- Jeffrey S. Lubin, M.D., Associate Professor, Life Lion Division Chief
- Steven A. Meador, M.D., Associate Professor, Medical Director, Life Lion EMS
- Chadd Nesbit, MD, Assoc. Medical Director, Life Lion, CCT & EMS
- J. Elizabeth Neuman, D.O., Assistant Professor
- Robert P. Olympia, M.D., Associate Professor
- Susan B. Promes, M.D., Professor, Chair, and Interim Residency Program Director
- Lilia Reyes, MD, Assistant Professor
- D. Robert Rodgers, M.D., Assistant Professor, Director Emergency Ultrasonography
- Gail S. Rudnitsky, M.D., Associate Professor, Director ED/PEDS Division
- Kimberly R. Scholfield, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Colby M. Shirk, M.D., Assistant Professor, 4th-Year Student Clerkship Director
- Christopher L. Stark, D.O., Assistant Professor, Emergency Department Medical Director
- Christopher C. Vates, M.D., Assistant Professor, Assistant Medical Director
- Travis D. Watson, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Elizabeth Werley, M.D., Assistant Professor, Associate Residency Program Director
- Wendy Wilcoxson, DO, Assistant Professor
- The Medical Minute: When duodenal switch may be the best weight loss option A less-common form of bariatric surgery can help the heaviest patients reach an ideal weight, but it’s not for everyone.More...
- Founder and president of VaxForm spoke at HCAR on Oct. 1 Garry Morefield, founder and president of Vaxform, LLC, spoke at noon on Thursday, Oct.1, at the Hershey Center for Applied Research, as part of the Entrepreneur’s Roundtable. Morefield will share his experience establishing a start-up company.More...
- Day of Caring kicks off United Way campaign at Penn State Hershey The 23rd annual Day of Caring was held on Sept. 11, with 17 Penn State Hershey employees joining nearly 1,600 volunteers representing more than 76 companies. This event officially kicked off the 2015 United Way campaign.More...
- Weight loss and exercise can improve fertility for polycystic ovary patients Weight loss and exercise improve ovulation in women who have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, a common hormone disorder that often causes infertility, according to research by a team including Penn State Hershey’s Dr. Richard Legro.More...