Life Lion Critical Care
Life Lion Critical Care Transport
Every minute counts in the care of acutely ill and injured patients. Life Lion saves not only precious time, but also delivers specialized care and treatment.
Our Mission - to pursue the highest standards of excellence and integrity in pre-hospital and inter-facility emergency and critical care transportation.
Our Vision - to excel as a national leader in emergency healthcare and transportation by creating a culture of respect, trust, transparency and collaboration with area hospitals as well as other emergency medical services in the region, thus creating peace of mind for our patients and their families in their time of crisis.
Our Values -
- Integrity -to have the commitment and courage to make the right choices no matter the cost and embrace accountability so as to encourage company wide ownership and team responsibility in every aspect of organizational health.
- Quality -to have the determination to pursue excellence and the highest standard of care in every aspect of our patient and staff interaction as well as through education, research, medical care and transportation of the sick and injured.
- People- to strengthen our reputation with patients, healthcare providers and health care facilities one relationship at a time, by respecting, valuing and serving every person we encounter regardless of ethnicity, medical history or financial status.
- Service - we are staffed by highly trained and qualified employees ready to serve 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the goal to exceed the expectations of our patients and healthcare facilities by providing attention to even the smallest of details.
Jobs with Life Lion: Penn State Hershey employment website
- The only new events that we can consider at this time are:
- Landing Zone safety presentations for regional fire departments.
- Hangar Tours
- Ground Critical Care Ambulance events
- Please contact us directly for these types of events
|Business Office/Program Manager|
800-225-4837 or 717-531-7777
|Life Lion Critical Care Hanger - Hershey|
500 University Drive, MC HS88
Hershey, PA 17033
|Life Lion Critical Care - Carlisle|
228 Petersburg Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
Life Lion Critical Care E-mail address:
The Transport Teams
- Flight team is comprised of a pilot, flight nurse and a flight paramedic.
- The Pediatric Critical Care Ambulance is staffed by an EMT driver, nurse and a paramedic.
- On specialty transports such as organ procurement, neonatal transports, or ECMO a specialty team may accompany the crews.
- Each year, transport team members complete training in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation, and other skills required to care for critically ill and injured patients.
- We currently have two American Eurocopter (Airbus Helicopters) AS365N3 models and one AS365N2 model, commonly known as a Dauphin helicopter.
- Cruising speed = 180 mph
- Gross weight = 9,400 pounds
- Two jet turbine engines that produce 950 horsepower each
- Capable of carrying up to 300 gallons (~3 hours) of fuel
- Single pilot instrument flight rules rated all weather aircraft
Types of Patients We Fly
- About 40% are accident/trauma victims from motor vehicle accidents, falls, industrial or farming accidents, hunting accidents or assaults.
- Around 60% are transfers from one healthcare facility to another. These patients are usually critically ill and are in need of higher level of care or specialty care that may not be available at the sending institution.
Life Lion Critical Care Coverage Area
- On-scene or accident response is normally within the 10 county south central Pennsylvania region.
- We have traveled to all the states surrounding PA for inter-facility transports and regularly go to Philadelphia and Baltimore. These transfers are at the discretion of the sending physician.
Becoming a Life Lion Critical Care Pilot, Paramedic or Nurse
- Our pilots all have the most advanced Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating available from the Federal Aviation Administration and average 30 years of piloting experience.
- Our paramedics all have extensive backgrounds working in the pre-hospital environment. They have received specialized training to prepare them to care for all types of critically ill patients that Life Lion Critical Care transports. They must maintain a number of different certifications.
- Our nurses are all PA Registered Nurses that have backgrounds working in intensive care units and/or emergency departments. They are all certified as pre-hospital health professionals; this is a course that prepares the ICU/ED experienced RN to work outside of the hospital. Most have also worked on ambulance/paramedic ground ambulances sometime in their career. They must maintain numerous different certifications.
- Air Medical Safety Advisory Council
- Air Medical Physician Association
- Air Surface Transport Nurse Association
- Alec Buck's EMS Helicopters
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Burn Association
- American Trauma Society
- Association of Air Medical Services
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems
- Emergency Health Services Federation
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Association of Air Medical Communication Specialists
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
- National EMS Memorial Service
- National EMS Pilots Association
- National Flight Paramedics Association
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - EMS Division
- PA Department of Health EMS Office
- Pennsylvania State Police
- EMS Flight Crew