The research mission currently has the following volunteer opportunities available to medical students:
- Emergency Medicine IT partnership
- Penn State College of Medicine Medical Student Research Program
- Work study program through Penn State University
Current research ongoing with students and volunteers through Penn State Health Emergency Medicine include:
- Garel B, Leaming J. AED GIS mapping in south central Pennsylvania.
- Shedlock A, Geeting G, DeFlitch C. Effects of hospital nurse staffing shortages on ED flow.
- Squillante C, Geeting G, DeFlitch C, Kass L. Door to doctor time as a measure of ED flow.