Penn State Hershey Eye Center
Penn State Hershey Eye Center exists to provide the highest quality eye care to our patients, improve this care through research and education, and create an environment where our people can develop professionally and find fulfillment in their work. We pledge to distinguish ourselves not only by our clinical and our academic achievements but also by the professional manner in which we interact with others.
First recipient of Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP) in Ophthalmology named
Dr. Bennett and Mrs. Inez Chotiner have partnered with the Department of Ophthalmology and Penn State University to establish an endowment, Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP}) in Ophthalmology, to support the academic efforts of promising junior faculty members in the Penn State Department of Ophthalmology. Jeffrey Sundstrom, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Neural & Behavioral Sciences, and Cellular & Molecular Physiology has been named as the first recipient of this honor. Proceeds from the endowment will be used to support Dr. Sundstrom's research program in age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Eye School 2016
Saturday, October 8, 2016
8:00 am – Noon
University Conference Center
Online registration will be available in August 2016.
Our Shared Values
- Innovation - in all of our missions
- Teamwork and Collaboration - internally and externally
- Service - working together for others
- Excellence - the constant pursuit in everything we do
Our Guiding Principles
- We focus on the people we serve.
- We value our people.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We are a learning organization.
- We practice open communication.
- We act responsibly and accept accountability for what we do.
- We succeed with personal involvement, which is continuously encouraged, recognized, and rewarded.
- We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
- Effectively integrate our missions of patient care, research, and education as we engage in service to our community
- Create an environment in which our people are valued and fulfilled
- Recruit and develop outstanding individuals who share our values, providing them with the tools to succeed
- Collaborate actively, both internally and externally
- Maintain financial stability
- Pursue excellence in everything we do
- Student design partners at College of Medicine begin work on new curriculum Five students at Penn State College of Medicine have deferred the start of medical school for a year to serve as student design partners who are helping to shape the curriculum that will guide their medical education.More...
- Successful research requires teamwork Successful research often requires a combination of resources and cooperation that can be challenging to coordinate. Case in point: Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s participation in a clinical trial studying the safety of MRI use in patients who are implanted with a specific brand of defibrillator and lead.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' to this Penn Stater This week, we recognize two people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with Penn State Hershey and Penn State New Kensington.More...
- The Medical Minute: Clearing up common myths about psoriasis Psoriasis is a misunderstood disease, often kept under wraps by sufferers who want to hide their skin lesions. This week, Dr. Sara Ferguson, a dermatologist at Penn State Medical Group in State College, separates fact from myth about psoriasis and the various treatment options.More...