Penn State Hershey Eye Center
Penn State Hershey Eye Center exists to provide the highest quality eye care to our patients, improve this care through research and education, and create an environment where our people can develop professionally and find fulfillment in their work. We pledge to distinguish ourselves not only by our clinical and our academic achievements but also by the professional manner in which we interact with others.
First recipient of Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP) in Ophthalmology named
Dr. Bennett and Mrs. Inez Chotiner have partnered with the Department of Ophthalmology and Penn State University to establish an endowment, Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP}) in Ophthalmology, to support the academic efforts of promising junior faculty members in the Penn State Department of Ophthalmology. Jeffrey Sundstrom, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Neural & Behavioral Sciences, and Cellular & Molecular Physiology has been named as the first recipient of this honor. Proceeds from the endowment will be used to support Dr. Sundstrom's research program in age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Our Shared Values
- Innovation - in all of our missions
- Teamwork and Collaboration - internally and externally
- Service - working together for others
- Excellence - the constant pursuit in everything we do
Our Guiding Principles
- We focus on the people we serve.
- We value our people.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We are a learning organization.
- We practice open communication.
- We act responsibly and accept accountability for what we do.
- We succeed with personal involvement, which is continuously encouraged, recognized, and rewarded.
- We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
- Effectively integrate our missions of patient care, research, and education as we engage in service to our community
- Create an environment in which our people are valued and fulfilled
- Recruit and develop outstanding individuals who share our values, providing them with the tools to succeed
- Collaborate actively, both internally and externally
- Maintain financial stability
- Pursue excellence in everything we do
- The Medical Minute: Joint cracks and pops usually not cause for concern It’s not unusual for your body to make “popping” or “cracking” sounds as you lean over, twist or reach for something. Fortunately, it’s also typically not a cause for worry.More...
- Ribbon cutting for Employee Health and Wellness Center held Jan. 16 Penn State launched a new initiative for employee health and wellness on Jan. 16 with a ribbon-cutting event for the Penn State Employee Health and Wellness Center, scheduled to open in mid-February on the University Park campus.More...
- Fit, Trim and Slim session kicks off on Feb. 1 The next session of Fit, Trim and Slim, Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's 12-week weight management program, will begin on Feb. 1.More...
- Annual public forum on cancer set for March 11 The 13th annual Reducing Cancer in our Community, an open public forum, will be held at 8:30 a.m. on March 11 at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center campus.More...