Welcome to Penn State Hershey Eye Center
Penn State Hershey Eye Center exists to provide the highest quality eye care to our patients, improve this care through research and education, and create an environment where our people can develop professionally and find fulfillment in their work. We pledge to distinguish ourselves not only by our clinical and our academic achievements but also by the professional manner in which we interact with others.
14th Annual Educational Update for Ophthalmic Medical Personnel
Saturday, April 2, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
College of Medicine
Lecture rooms A & B
REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Contact Andrea Leonard at 717-531-8783 for details regarding registration and fees. A light continental breakfast & lunch will be provided.
First recipient of Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP) in Ophthalmology named
Dr. Bennett and Mrs. Inez Chotiner have partnered with the Department of Ophthalmology and Penn State University to establish an endowment, Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP}) in Ophthalmology, to support the academic efforts of promising junior faculty members in the Penn State Department of Ophthalmology. Jeffrey Sundstrom, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Neural & Behavioral Sciences, and Cellular & Molecular Physiology has been named as the first recipient of this honor. Proceeds from the endowment will be used to support Dr. Sundstrom's research program in age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Our Shared Values
- Innovation - in all of our missions
- Teamwork and Collaboration - internally and externally
- Service - working together for others
- Excellence - the constant pursuit in everything we do
Our Guiding Principles
- We focus on the people we serve.
- We value our people.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We are a learning organization.
- We practice open communication.
- We act responsibly and accept accountability for what we do.
- We succeed with personal involvement, which is continuously encouraged, recognized, and rewarded.
- We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
- Effectively integrate our missions of patient care, research, and education as we engage in service to our community
- Create an environment in which our people are valued and fulfilled
- Recruit and develop outstanding individuals who share our values, providing them with the tools to succeed
- Collaborate actively, both internally and externally
- Maintain financial stability
- Pursue excellence in everything we do
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...
- The Medical Minute: Understanding who’s at risk for Zika virus If you hadn’t heard of the Zika virus, chances are that has changed with recent reports of outbreaks of the mosquito-borne illness in Latin America, and possible cases in the United States — maybe even Pennsylvania.More...
- Team from Penn State Hershey travels to Ghana A group of clinical participants from Penn State Hershey — including senior medical students, residents, nurse practitioner students and faculty — are currently in rural Ghana.More...
- Cookie sale results in check presentation for Child Life Program Eli Webb and Noah Schreffler, two first-graders from Middletown, recently came home from school with an idea: they wanted to bake and sell cookies and donate the money raised to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...