Penn State Hershey Eye Center
Penn State Hershey Eye Center exists to provide the highest quality eye care to our patients, improve this care through research and education, and create an environment where our people can develop professionally and find fulfillment in their work. We pledge to distinguish ourselves not only by our clinical and our academic achievements but also by the professional manner in which we interact with others.
First recipient of Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP) in Ophthalmology named
Dr. Bennett and Mrs. Inez Chotiner have partnered with the Department of Ophthalmology and Penn State University to establish an endowment, Bennett and Inez Chotiner Early Career Professorship (ECP}) in Ophthalmology, to support the academic efforts of promising junior faculty members in the Penn State Department of Ophthalmology. Jeffrey Sundstrom, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Neural & Behavioral Sciences, and Cellular & Molecular Physiology has been named as the first recipient of this honor. Proceeds from the endowment will be used to support Dr. Sundstrom's research program in age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Our Shared Values
- Innovation - in all of our missions
- Teamwork and Collaboration - internally and externally
- Service - working together for others
- Excellence - the constant pursuit in everything we do
Our Guiding Principles
- We focus on the people we serve.
- We value our people.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We are a learning organization.
- We practice open communication.
- We act responsibly and accept accountability for what we do.
- We succeed with personal involvement, which is continuously encouraged, recognized, and rewarded.
- We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
- Effectively integrate our missions of patient care, research, and education as we engage in service to our community
- Create an environment in which our people are valued and fulfilled
- Recruit and develop outstanding individuals who share our values, providing them with the tools to succeed
- Collaborate actively, both internally and externally
- Maintain financial stability
- Pursue excellence in everything we do
- The Medical Minute: Toy safety tips for the holidays – and year-round Pretty much all toys can look inviting to children. But it’s important for adults who are buying toys this holiday season to look beyond the flashing lights and cool noises and make sure they are safe.More...
- Mets named officer to international anesthesiology board Dr. Berend Mets, chair of the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, has been appointed to a four-year term as an officer to the board of the World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists.More...
- Giant Food Stores and Duracell host party for Children's Hospital patients Face painting, games and costumed characters were part of a party for patients and their families at Penn State Children’s Hospital, hosted by Giant Foods Stores and Duracell. The Nov. 28 event in the hospital’s Tree House Café was a celebration of Giant and Duracell’s partnership with the Children’s Hospital through Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.More...
- Medical Center again recognized with Consumer Choice Award Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has earned a Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation for the 17th consecutive year. The award identifies the hospitals that health care consumers have chosen as having the highest quality and image in markets throughout the U.S. in National Research’s annual market insights survey of more than 300,000 households.More...