The Penn State Hershey Eye Center is committed to excellence in patient care, eye & vision research, education, and service.
- Participate in the patient care, eye & vision research, education, and/or service missions of the Penn State Hershey Eye Center
- Collaborate and interact with other Penn State Hershey Eye Center members
- Support the missions, shared values, guiding principles, and strategies of the Penn State Hershey Eye Center
Benefits of Membership:
- Join an active community of faculty pursuing eye and vision-related interests
- Compete for developmental funds on an annual basis
- Receive clinical research protocol support
- Being included on the Penn State Hershey Eye Center email distribution, receiving notification of upcoming events and funding opportunities
Responsibilities of Membership:
- Participate in programmatic activities, including meetings and retreats
- Attend the annual Penn State Hershey Eye & Vision Research Day
- Provide the Director with updated grant support information twice a year
- Submit an annual update on publications and an NIH biosketch
Application and Review Processes:
- Complete and submit membership application form with an NIH biosketch, a summary of research and funding support, and a 300-500 word description of your Eye & Vision research interests and activities.
- Primary review: The initial application materials are reviewed and commented upon by appropriate members of the Penn State Hershey Eye Center Leadership Team. A letter is sent by the Penn State Hershey Eye Center Director to welcome you into the Center.
- Annual review: Members will be reviewed annually by the Penn State Hershey Eye Center Leadership Team to determine compliance with the above responsibilities, i.e., to verify they are actively participating in one or more of the mission areas. Members considered non-participants will receive a phone call from the Director to verify interest in maintaining membership. If the member remains a non-participant, she/he will be dropped from the membership roster and will have to apply for reinstatement.