Children's Hospital Advisory Council
Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Council was created in 2002 as we embraced the Family-Centered Care culture. The Family Advisory Council, which is made up of family members and hospital staff, meets monthly.
The Family Advisory Council goals are:
- To provide a family perspective to ensure that services meet the family needs.
- To communicate the needs of families and promote effective partnerships between families and professionals.
- To encourage opportunities for families to give feedback and suggestions to the Children’s Hospital on services, programs, and policies.
- To promote collaboration between families and staff to develop creative solutions to challenges faced by the Children’s Hospital.
For a Family Advisory Council brochure, please click here.
- Weekly Coffee Hours for families
- Creation of the Pediatric Chaplain position
- Cub’s Eye - Informational Directory for Families
- Design of new Children’s Hospital
- Family Advisory Council Brochures
- Family-Centered Care Brochures
- Equipment Return Brochure
- Video Orientation of Children's Hospital
- Family Advocacy Brochure
- Feedback on Quality & Safety Issues, Marketing Campaigns, Food Services, and Patient Satisfaction initiatives
- Creation of Family Greeter Program
We currently have 15 Family Members on our Family Advisory Council and they currently have or have had:
- Children who receive care from the Children’s Hospital and/or outpatient clinics
- Children who once received care at the Children’s Hospital and have passed away
Pediatric Inpatient Units represented by Family Members:
NICU, PICU, IMC, General Floor, Rehab, ED, OR
Pediatric Outpatient Clinics Represented by Family Members:
- Complex Care/Hummingbird
- Headache Clinic
- Pediatric Bone and Joint Institute
- Therapies (Occupational, Physical, Speech)
- Kaela Appleman- PIMCU RN
- Rachel Delmar- PICU RN
- Michelle Del Pizzo, Administrator of Children's Hospital
- Kris Englund-Kreiger - Social Worker
- Debbi Fuhrer- Co-Chair, Family-Centered Care Coordinator
- Linda Goodwin- Pediatric Chaplain
- Nicole Hahnlen- Nurse Coordinator, Hummingbird Program
- Patti Hart - Director of Nursing, Children’s Hospital and Women’s Health
- Cindy Lacroce - Outpatient Clinic Nurse
- Michelle Marino- Care Coordinator
- Joan McGeary - Child Life Specialist
- Alycia Nygard- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Unit RN
- Dr. Barbara Ostrov - Vice-Chair of Pediatrics, Pediatric Rheumatologist
- Liz Schaeffer- PICU RN
- Kahly Smith - NICU RN
- Mary Theresa Smith, Administrative Support
- Matt Wain - Chief Administrator for the Adult and Children’s Hospital