Welcome to Penn State Hershey Food Services
Food Service's primary mission is to provide tasty meals for our patients here at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our customers through product and service excellence. Food Services is responsible to provide the majority of patient meals, retail, dining plan and catering services to the campus community.
Food Services operates 7 retail food operations in 6 different buildings on campus. Each operation is distinct in menu offerings, operating hours, service style and atmosphere.
Catering service and deliveries of all types and size are provided by Food Services.
- Penn State Hershey will begin accepting LionCash+, Penn State University's online, prepaid flexible account, as an alternate form of payment at on-campus food service locations.
- To accept LionCash+ as payment, merchants are required to verify the photo on the identification badge, therefore individuals wishing to use Lion Cash+ should ensure that the photo on their badge is not obstructed.
- Hershey Medical Center (Hospital) purchasing cards cannot be used to fund LionCash+ accounts.
- Hershey badge holders that are classified as Volunteers and Externals are not eligible to utilize LionCash+.
- Hershey badge holders affiliated with other Penn State Campuses as Students will need to utilize their Student badge to access their LionCash+ accounts.
PSU Access Accounts
All Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students have Penn State Access accounts (i.e. – xyz5000); however they might not be activated or passwords might need to be reset.
Penn State Access Accounts can be activated at one of the Signature Stations inside the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
If an individual needs to reset their password, go to PSU Password Management or the Signature Stations in the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
In the event that an individual needs to dispute a charge, receipts will be required to process any refunds.
Individuals disputing a charge with Food Services, should call 717-531-8831 to schedule a time to meet with a Food Services Manager.
Individuals will need to bring their receipt and a print of their transaction history from the LionCash+ portal.
In the event that an individual loses their badge, they should contact the Hershey ID Badge Office.
In addition, the individual should contact the University directly to deactivate their badge.
Return of Funds
If an individual would like their LionCash+ funds returned to them, see the Cardholder Disclosure Statement for details.
Individuals requiring support should contact the LionCash+ office directly.
- Immune cell role in intestinal movement may lead to better understanding of IBS Learning the role of immune-system cells in healthy digestive tracts and how they interact with neighboring nerve cells may lead to new treatments for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Researchers from Penn State College of Medicine, in collaboration with other scientists, have reported the role of macrophages in regulating the contractions of the colon to push digested material through the digestive tract.More...
- The Medical Minute: Don’t skimp on shades this summer Sunscreen and sunglasses top the list of summertime must-haves for most people. But just as skin can burn on an overcast or chilly day, eyes can sustain damage anytime you’re outdoors without sunglasses.More...
- Penn State Hershey to offer next Fit, Trim, and Slim session in August People looking for a safe and effective way to lose weight are encouraged to try Fit, Trim, and Slim, a 12-week weight management program offered by Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute.More...
- Grand opening held for medical/dental clinic at Bethesda Mission for LionCare Penn State College of Medicine medical students were on-hand when Harrisburg’s Bethesda Mission introduced its new medical and dental clinics to the community with a grand opening on Monday, June 30. Bethesda Mission is a homeless shelter in Harrisburg that serves the greater Harrisburg area and is also home to LionCare, Penn State Hershey’s student-run clinic.More...