Welcome to Penn State Hershey Food Services
Food Service's primary mission is to provide tasty meals for our patients here at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our customers through product and service excellence. Food Services is responsible to provide the majority of patient meals, retail, dining plan and catering services to the campus community.
Food Services operates 7 retail food operations in 6 different buildings on campus. Each operation is distinct in menu offerings, operating hours, service style and atmosphere.
Catering service and deliveries of all types and size are provided by Food Services.
- Penn State Hershey will begin accepting LionCash+, Penn State University's online, prepaid flexible account, as an alternate form of payment at on-campus food service locations.
- To accept LionCash+ as payment, merchants are required to verify the photo on the identification badge, therefore individuals wishing to use Lion Cash+ should ensure that the photo on their badge is not obstructed.
- Hershey Medical Center (Hospital) purchasing cards cannot be used to fund LionCash+ accounts.
- Hershey badge holders that are classified as Volunteers and Externals are not eligible to utilize LionCash+.
- Hershey badge holders affiliated with other Penn State Campuses as Students will need to utilize their Student badge to access their LionCash+ accounts.
PSU Access Accounts
All Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students have Penn State Access accounts (i.e. – xyz5000); however they might not be activated or passwords might need to be reset.
Penn State Access Accounts can be activated at one of the Signature Stations inside the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
If an individual needs to reset their password, go to PSU Password Management or the Signature Stations in the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
In the event that an individual needs to dispute a charge, receipts will be required to process any refunds.
Individuals disputing a charge with Food Services, should call 717-531-8831 to schedule a time to meet with a Food Services Manager.
Individuals will need to bring their receipt and a print of their transaction history from the LionCash+ portal.
In the event that an individual loses their badge, they should contact the Hershey ID Badge Office.
In addition, the individual should contact the University directly to deactivate their badge.
Return of Funds
If an individual would like their LionCash+ funds returned to them, see the Cardholder Disclosure Statement for details.
Individuals requiring support should contact the LionCash+ office directly.
- Committee recommends capital budget request, learns of improvement projects Penn State is requesting $129.2 million in capital funding from the state for fiscal year 2015-16, with a primary focus on funding major building renewal and maintenance projects.More...
- Trustees approve structure for new Health enterprise The Board of Trustees committee on Finance, Business and Capital Planning today (Sept. 18) voted to recommend the creation of Penn State Health, a new not-for-profit entity that provides a legal structure to incorporate various health care facilities and service providers into one new health enterprise. The full board will vote on the motion on Friday.More...
- Hershey's Hillemeier discusses year of continued clinical growth, innovation Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center continued a trend of strong financial performance, with a fiscal year highlighted by clinical growth and innovative approaches to education, research and patient care challenges spurred by a health care industry undergoing rapid transformation.More...
- Diabetes Fair to highlight therapies, educational information Adult Diabetes Education at Penn State Hershey will host a diabetes fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 1 at the University Fitness Center, rooms A, B and C for all members of the community. Faculty and staff are also welcome to attend.More...