Welcome to Penn State Hershey Food Services
Food Service's primary mission is to provide tasty meals for our patients here at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our customers through product and service excellence. Food Services is responsible to provide the majority of patient meals, retail, dining plan and catering services to the campus community.
Food Services operates 7 retail food operations in 6 different buildings on campus. Each operation is distinct in menu offerings, operating hours, service style and atmosphere.
Catering service and deliveries of all types and size are provided by Food Services.
- Penn State Hershey will begin accepting LionCash+, Penn State University's online, prepaid flexible account, as an alternate form of payment at on-campus food service locations.
- To accept LionCash+ as payment, merchants are required to verify the photo on the identification badge, therefore individuals wishing to use Lion Cash+ should ensure that the photo on their badge is not obstructed.
- Hershey Medical Center (Hospital) purchasing cards cannot be used to fund LionCash+ accounts.
- Hershey badge holders that are classified as Volunteers and Externals are not eligible to utilize LionCash+.
- Hershey badge holders affiliated with other Penn State Campuses as Students will need to utilize their Student badge to access their LionCash+ accounts.
PSU Access Accounts
All Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students have Penn State Access accounts (i.e. – xyz5000); however they might not be activated or passwords might need to be reset.
Penn State Access Accounts can be activated at one of the Signature Stations inside the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
If an individual needs to reset their password, go to PSU Password Management or the Signature Stations in the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
In the event that an individual needs to dispute a charge, receipts will be required to process any refunds.
Individuals disputing a charge with Food Services, should call 717-531-8831 to schedule a time to meet with a Food Services Manager.
Individuals will need to bring their receipt and a print of their transaction history from the LionCash+ portal.
In the event that an individual loses their badge, they should contact the Hershey ID Badge Office.
In addition, the individual should contact the University directly to deactivate their badge.
Return of Funds
If an individual would like their LionCash+ funds returned to them, see the Cardholder Disclosure Statement for details.
Individuals requiring support should contact the LionCash+ office directly.
- The Medical Minute: Cancer patients benefit from an active lifestyle When diagnosed with cancer, patients expect the standard treatments of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. However, additional integrated therapies can address the needs of both body and mind when battling or recovering from cancer, as Jen Price, senior exercise physiologist at the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center, explains.More...
- Incoming PA Program students receive white coats Penn State College of Medicine welcomed 30 new students into the Physician Assistant Program on May 19 at the annual White Coat Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey physician named in ASCP’s 40 Under 40 program Dr. Melissa George, medical director of transfusion medicine and apheresis, assistant professor of pathology, and associate director of the pathology residence program at Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been named as a 2015 American Society for Clinical Pathology 40 Under Forty recipient.More...
- Bird to serve as interim chair of family and community medicine Dr. William Bird has been named interim chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, effective July 1.More...