Welcome to Penn State Hershey Food Services
Food Service's primary mission is to provide tasty meals for our patients here at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our customers through product and service excellence. Food Services is responsible to provide the majority of patient meals, retail, dining plan and catering services to the campus community.
Food Services operates 7 retail food operations in 6 different buildings on campus. Each operation is distinct in menu offerings, operating hours, service style and atmosphere.
Catering service and deliveries of all types and size are provided by Food Services.
- Penn State Hershey will begin accepting LionCash+, Penn State University's online, prepaid flexible account, as an alternate form of payment at on-campus food service locations.
- To accept LionCash+ as payment, merchants are required to verify the photo on the identification badge, therefore individuals wishing to use Lion Cash+ should ensure that the photo on their badge is not obstructed.
- Hershey Medical Center (Hospital) purchasing cards cannot be used to fund LionCash+ accounts.
- Hershey badge holders that are classified as Volunteers and Externals are not eligible to utilize LionCash+.
- Hershey badge holders affiliated with other Penn State Campuses as Students will need to utilize their Student badge to access their LionCash+ accounts.
PSU Access Accounts
All Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students have Penn State Access accounts (i.e. – xyz5000); however they might not be activated or passwords might need to be reset.
Penn State Access Accounts can be activated at one of the Signature Stations inside the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
If an individual needs to reset their password, go to PSU Password Management or the Signature Stations in the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
In the event that an individual needs to dispute a charge, receipts will be required to process any refunds.
Individuals disputing a charge with Food Services, should call 717-531-8831 to schedule a time to meet with a Food Services Manager.
Individuals will need to bring their receipt and a print of their transaction history from the LionCash+ portal.
In the event that an individual loses their badge, they should contact the Hershey ID Badge Office.
In addition, the individual should contact the University directly to deactivate their badge.
Return of Funds
If an individual would like their LionCash+ funds returned to them, see the Cardholder Disclosure Statement for details.
Individuals requiring support should contact the LionCash+ office directly.
- Penn State Hershey undergoing final phase of radiology expansion Ongoing renovations to the radiology area on the ground floor of the hospital at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will make room for additional equipment and give admitted patients awaiting diagnostic procedures a more accessible, private space.More...
- Innovation key to Penn State Hershey’s future, says medical center's CEO Penn State's medical school, university hospital and health system continue to be a magnet for future health professionals, a preferred medical destination for patients across Pennsylvania, and a pioneer in personalized medicine research according to Harold L. Paz, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System CEO and Penn State’s senior vice president for health affairs and dean of Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods' Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase -- to go organic or not.More...
- Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...