Welcome to Penn State Hershey Food Services
Food Service's primary mission is to provide tasty meals for our patients here at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our customers through product and service excellence. Food Services is responsible to provide the majority of patient meals, retail, dining plan and catering services to the campus community.
Food Services operates 7 retail food operations in 6 different buildings on campus. Each operation is distinct in menu offerings, operating hours, service style and atmosphere.
Catering service and deliveries of all types and size are provided by Food Services.
- Penn State Hershey will begin accepting LionCash+, Penn State University's online, prepaid flexible account, as an alternate form of payment at on-campus food service locations.
- To accept LionCash+ as payment, merchants are required to verify the photo on the identification badge, therefore individuals wishing to use Lion Cash+ should ensure that the photo on their badge is not obstructed.
- Hershey Medical Center (Hospital) purchasing cards cannot be used to fund LionCash+ accounts.
- Hershey badge holders that are classified as Volunteers and Externals are not eligible to utilize LionCash+.
- Hershey badge holders affiliated with other Penn State Campuses as Students will need to utilize their Student badge to access their LionCash+ accounts.
PSU Access Accounts
All Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students have Penn State Access accounts (i.e. – xyz5000); however they might not be activated or passwords might need to be reset.
Penn State Access Accounts can be activated at one of the Signature Stations inside the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
If an individual needs to reset their password, go to PSU Password Management or the Signature Stations in the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
In the event that an individual needs to dispute a charge, receipts will be required to process any refunds.
Individuals disputing a charge with Food Services, should call 717-531-8831 to schedule a time to meet with a Food Services Manager.
Individuals will need to bring their receipt and a print of their transaction history from the LionCash+ portal.
In the event that an individual loses their badge, they should contact the Hershey ID Badge Office.
In addition, the individual should contact the University directly to deactivate their badge.
Return of Funds
If an individual would like their LionCash+ funds returned to them, see the Cardholder Disclosure Statement for details.
Individuals requiring support should contact the LionCash+ office directly.
- The Medical Minute: How breast density can affect cancer screenings When it comes to breast cancer screening, the density of your breasts affects how well a mammogram can detect cancerous tissues. That’s why Pennsylvania is one of 21 states that have adopted laws requiring radiologists to include information about breast density in every woman’s mammogram report.More...
- Medical Center, Carlisle Regional sign emergency medicine agreement Beginning Aug. 1, the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Department of Emergency Medicine will assist in managing the operations of the Emergency Department at Carlisle Regional Medical Center.More...
- LED light fixtures in Penn State Hershey parking garages save energy and money During the late summer and fall of 2014, Penn State Hershey’s Facilities Department performed a lighting retrofit on the Centerview and South parking garages. They replaced more than 1,000 existing 175-watt metal halide fixtures with 55-watt LED light fixtures. The change has resulted in an annual energy savings of 1,553,345 kilowatt hours, which is worth more than $138,000 and is equivalent to the amount used in a year by 147 homes.More...
- 'Pink Ladies' raise $20,000 for Cancer Institute Michele Parson recently delivered a check for $20,000 to the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute. The money was raised during the 10th annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser Dinner/Dance on March 28.More...