Welcome to Penn State Hershey Food Services
Food Service's primary mission is to provide tasty meals for our patients here at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our customers through product and service excellence. Food Services is responsible to provide the majority of patient meals, retail, dining plan and catering services to the campus community.
Food Services operates 7 retail food operations in 6 different buildings on campus. Each operation is distinct in menu offerings, operating hours, service style and atmosphere.
Catering service and deliveries of all types and size are provided by Food Services.
- Penn State Hershey will begin accepting LionCash+, Penn State University's online, prepaid flexible account, as an alternate form of payment at on-campus food service locations.
- To accept LionCash+ as payment, merchants are required to verify the photo on the identification badge, therefore individuals wishing to use Lion Cash+ should ensure that the photo on their badge is not obstructed.
- Hershey Medical Center (Hospital) purchasing cards cannot be used to fund LionCash+ accounts.
- Hershey badge holders that are classified as Volunteers and Externals are not eligible to utilize LionCash+.
- Hershey badge holders affiliated with other Penn State Campuses as Students will need to utilize their Student badge to access their LionCash+ accounts.
PSU Access Accounts
All Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students have Penn State Access accounts (i.e. – xyz5000); however they might not be activated or passwords might need to be reset.
Penn State Access Accounts can be activated at one of the Signature Stations inside the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
If an individual needs to reset their password, go to PSU Password Management or the Signature Stations in the Harrell Health Sciences Library.
In the event that an individual needs to dispute a charge, receipts will be required to process any refunds.
Individuals disputing a charge with Food Services, should call 717-531-8831 to schedule a time to meet with a Food Services Manager.
Individuals will need to bring their receipt and a print of their transaction history from the LionCash+ portal.
In the event that an individual loses their badge, they should contact the Hershey ID Badge Office.
In addition, the individual should contact the University directly to deactivate their badge.
Return of Funds
If an individual would like their LionCash+ funds returned to them, see the Cardholder Disclosure Statement for details.
Individuals requiring support should contact the LionCash+ office directly.
- Parent named vice dean for research and graduate studies Dr. Leslie Parent, chief of Penn State College of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, has been named vice dean for research and graduate studies for the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and associate vice president for research at Penn State University.More...
- The Medical Minute: How to know whether ice or heat will ease the pain To ice or not to ice -- that is the question. Or maybe the real issue is to heat or not to heat? Either way, whether you’re dealing with a one-time injury or chronic aches and pains, a few simple guidelines will help you know whether it’s best to bag some ice or get the trusty heating pad. Dr. Scott Lynch, director of sports medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, says it’s all about blood flow. When you injure yourself, you should follow a prescription known as RICE – rest, ice, compression and elevation.More...
- Dress for Success honors Kathy Law with Partner in Success Award Dress for Success South Central PA, a program of Suits to Careers Inc., recently awarded its Partner in Success Award to Kathy Law, director of nursing periop services at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Conquer Run 5-K at Hersheypark to benefit Four Diamonds Conquer Run 5-K, a competitive run and fun walk through Hersheypark that benefits Four Diamonds, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 3. Discounted registration opens May 1.More...