The mission of the Four Diamonds is to conquer childhood cancer by assisting children treated at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and their families through superior care, comprehensive support, and innovative research.
Any Pennsylvania family with a child being treated for pediatric cancer at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is eligible for Four Diamonds support.
Each year, Four Diamonds provides direct support to approximately 600 children with cancer - 100 who are newly diagnosed and 500 who are continuing their fight. Since it's creation in 1972, Four Diamonds has helped more than 3,300 children and families and supported a diverse platform of pediatric cancer research at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, seeking improved treatments and cures to benefit those around the world.
Because of the community's steady and generous support, Four Diamonds has been able to assist 100% of the pediatric cancer patients who have been treated at Penn State Hershey.
Check us out on Facebook!
- Four Diamonds Mini-THONS
2014 Mini-THON Leadership Summit
Calling all students, school advisors and faculty! It's time to register for the 2014 Mini-THON Leadership Summit.
Join us for a day of leadership workshops, fundraiser training and best practices. REGISTER NOW
When: Friday, August 8th 2014
Time: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Where: Hershey Lodge located at 325 University Drive in Hershey, PA 17033
The annual Four Diamonds Mini-THON Leadership Summit provides an opportunity for students and advisors to network and share ideas with other Mini-THON schools while receiving training from qualified professionals. Participants will hear from the Four Diamonds families they are supporting, and be inspired to continue the fight to conquer childhood cancer.
Who Can Attend:
Students, advisors and faculty from active Four Diamonds Mini-THON schools and prospective students, advisors and faculty who are interested in hosting their first Four Diamonds Mini-THON during the 2014-2015 school year.
Session Topics Include:
- The Art of Fundraising
- The Leader in Me
- Events that Rock
- Getting the Word Out
- Go for the Gold
- Dive into Mini-THON
- Coach's Corner
- Mini-THON from Start to Finish
- The Medical Minute: Children and hot cars a cause for deadly concern Nearly 700 children have lost their lives over the last 20 years in the United States as a result of being left in or playing in a hot car. At last count, the total in the U.S. this year is 18. National Heat Stroke Prevention Day is July 31.More...
- Crafting and racing Pinewood Derby cars at the Children’s Hospital Patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital and their families got to try their hand at crafting Pinewood Derby cars. The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, or AHF, brought Pinewood Derby kits to the hospital where children personalized their cars with stickers, markers and other materials.More...
- Parent to present at RQA Lecture on Aug. 13 The next Research Quality Assurance Lecture at Penn State Hershey will be presented by Dr. Leslie Parent, professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology; chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology; and co-director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program. She will present “Studying Viruses Using Microscopic Imaging, One Cell at a Time.”More...
- ACLS experienced provider course planned at Penn State Hershey Individuals who hold current ACLS certification and who work in acute care settings where they function as part of a code team on a regular basis may choose to renew their ACLS certification by attending the new ACLS EP Course at Penn State Hershey.More...