Read and subscribe to the new GI Report blog
Penn State Hershey Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in GI news. Penn State Hershey GI Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Penn State Hershey Joins International Pediatric Quality Improvement Program
- Expanding the Role of Medical Simulation Technology in Medical Student Training
- Digestive Health Update
- Defining the Role of Intestinal Macrophages in Adaptive Immune Responses, Inflammation, and Dysmotility
Summer 2013 articles
- Thromboembolism Prophylaxis is Under-prescribed in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Patients
- Innovative and Minimally Invasive Techniques for Pancreatic Cyst Ablation and Cancer Prevention
- New Developments in the Rapidly Evolving Landscape of Hepatitis C Therapy
- Basic Research at Penn State Hershey Places Pancreatic Cancer Prevention on the Horizon
Penn State Hershey undergoing final phase of radiology expansion
Ongoing renovations to the radiology area on the ground floor of the hospital at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will make room for additional equipment and give admitted patients awaiting diagnostic procedures a more accessible, private space.More...
Innovation key to Penn State Hershey’s future, says medical center's CEO
Penn State's medical school, university hospital and health system continue to be a magnet for future health professionals, a preferred medical destination for patients across Pennsylvania, and a pioneer in personalized medicine research according to Harold L. Paz, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System CEO and Penn State’s senior vice president for health affairs and dean of Penn State College of Medicine.More...
The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods'
Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase — to go organic or not.More...
Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York
In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...