Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Global Health Center
The Global Health Center is a gathering point of multidisciplinary approaches, all of which seek to better understand and address health issues that transcend geographic borders and that commonly present a greater burden to disadvantaged populations.
One-third of deaths worldwide are due to poverty-related causes.
- to find solutions to reduce suffering in the neediest places in the world
- to properly diagnose community health needs
- to become better doctors for our patients
- because the world is connected together and diseases spread across borders
- because we are concerned with the needs of the poorest among us
- to make a difference with our talents and resources
- on behalf of the poor and needy, both here and abroad
- to encourage others to follow our lead
- because we are compelled
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...