Documents Required for International Travel
Medical students interested in studying or doing research abroad will need to do the following.
1. Complete the forms below and submit to the Global Health Center.
- Request for Off-site Elective
- Global Health Center Application
- Global Health Policy/Guidelines/Conduct Standards
- Pre-travel Programming
2. Provide Proof of Travel Insurance AND registration with the State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) https://step.state.gov/step/
Students must purchase and provide evidence of medical travel insurance. (An example of a provider for this insurance is HTH Worldwide.) Please refer to Penn State's University Health Services website.
All forms and proof of insurance must be submitted to Thao Danz in the Office of Medical Education, C1704 (firstname.lastname@example.org / ph: 531-3877 / fax: 531-3925).
3. Students need to contact Student Health to be fit-tested for TB masks (N-95). Students will be provided N-95 masks prior to travel, as well as country-specific information (including the phone # for the US embassy) once items are complete.
4. It is the student's responsibility to contact the Travel Clinic to arrange for necessary immunizations and medications. The link to the Travel Clinic is: http://www.pennstatehershey.org/web/infectiousdiseases/patientcare/services/travelmedicine
Other helpful links:
Student Flow Chart Coordinated with MSR