Faculty & Staff Resources
- Graduate Assistantships. This appointment provides tuition and a stipend; proper registration is required.
GURU Policy PRO6 GRADUATE ASSISTANTS: http://guru.psu.edu/policies/psu/PR06.html
- Offer Letter - Required for ALL assistantship holders (including Bunton-Waller Graduate Award recipients)
- Terms of Offer - Required for ALL assistantship holders: http://guru.psu.edu/forms/9-20TermsofOfferofaGraduateAssistantship.html
- Terms of Offer - A Visual: http://guru.psu.edu/forms/9-20TermsofOfferofaGraduateAssistantshipEX.PDF
- Evaluation and Performance Review. As stated in the policy, graduate assistants "shall have his or her work evaluated at least once each year, and the supervisor shall discuss with them how well they are considered to have performed."
- Resolution of Problems: http://bulletins.psu.edu/graduate/appendices/appendix2
- Termination of Assistantships: http://bulletins.psu.edu/graduate/appendices/appendix4
Graduate Lecturer/Researcher (Summer only; Fixed Term II): https://guru.psu.edu/policies/PSU/Pr17.html
- This is a stipend only appointment; no tuition is provided. Students receive a paycheck at the end of June and at the end of July (as opposed to bi-weekly with an hourly wage appointment).
- Memorandum of Personal Service required.
- Typically, at the Hershey campus students are not required to be registered during the summer semester unless they are defending their thesis, taking their comprehensive examination.
- Summer admits and other students who must be registered in the summer may apply for the COM Tuition Assistance Program (described below). Tuition remission (up to 5 credits max) may be granted on a funds-available basis.
- NAPP Form (new IBIS appointments): http://ais.its.psu.edu/media/ibis_napp.pdf
- Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate - Form W-4. All so, see Policy PR13E
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form (INS Form I-9)
- University Intellectual Property Agreement
- Salary Deposit Request Form
- GRAD Form (IBIS form for changes, reappointments, transfers): http://ais.its.psu.edu/media/ibis_grad.pdf
- SU10 COM Summer Tuition Assistance Program (for eligible COM graduate assistants/lecturers/fellows):
- Deadline: March 29,2 010