Welcome to Penn State Hershey Alumni Affairs
The College of Medicine Alumni Society thanks all alumni and friends who continue to contribute to its scholarship program. Because of alumni response, we awarded over 70 scholarship to deserving medical and graduate students in 2013. Alumni scholarships totaled more than $80,000 this year.
Congratulations to the students who received an alumni scholarship in 2013.
Alumni Weekend 2014, which is scheduled for September 19-20, 2014, will provide the stage for you to gather with Penn State College of Medicine alumni, faculty, and friends, while you reminisce about where your medical career began. So be sure to mark the date on your calendar! This year's reunion classes will feature the classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, and 2009.
Rekindle friendships that made your time at Penn State College of Medicine memorable. Reconnect with faculty and past mentors. Walk the campus and see how Penn State College of Medicine has changed -- and remained the same throughout the years.
Please check back in the spring for more information on Alumni Weekend 2014, including a full schedule of events, a link to online registration, and a printable RSVP form that you can mail in.
Contact the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations at 717-531-8497 or AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu.
The Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2013-2014 Penn State, Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Awards.
- The Alumni Achievement Award recognizes alumni 35 years of age and younger for their extraordinary professional accomplishments.
- The Alumni Fellow Award is the highest honor that the Penn State Alumni Association bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Cheston M. Berlin Service Award recognizes meritorious service to the College of Medicine Alumni Society or its members.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that The Pennsylvania State University bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Honorary Alumnus/a Award recognizes outstanding individuals who, though not graduates of Penn State, greatly enhance the University through their commitment and service, and who make significant contributions to Penn State's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
Please complete your nomination using the standard College of Medicine Alumni Award Nomination Form. Nominations can be submitted on a continuous basis, but should be postmarked by June 1, 2014 for consideration this year. Please send nomination forms to:
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, A120
c/o Alison Lipsett Simpson, Alumni Relations Officer
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
To submit a nomination form electronically, please send it to Alison Lipsett Simpson at AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu, or please fax to 717-531-7939.
- The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods' Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase -- to go organic or not.More...
- Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...
- Annual vascular ultrasound conference set for May 17 On Saturday, May 17, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute will host an educational program focused on vascular ultrasound for health care providers.More...
- Nurse recognized for commitment to patient safety Rachel Yadrnak, a pediatric hematology/oncology nurse at Penn State Hershey, has been recognized by the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority. She is one of 10 statewide winners of the “I Am Patient Safety” poster campaign for her commitment to patient safety at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...