Welcome to Penn State Hershey Alumni Affairs
The College of Medicine Alumni Society thanks all alumni and friends who continue to contribute to its scholarship program. Because of alumni response, we awarded over 70 scholarship to deserving medical and graduate students in 2013. Alumni scholarships totaled more than $80,000 this year.
Congratulations to the students who received an alumni scholarship in 2013.
Alumni Weekend 2014, which is scheduled for September 19-20, 2014, will provide the stage for you to gather with Penn State College of Medicine alumni, faculty, and friends, while you reminisce about where your medical career began. So be sure to mark the date on your calendar! This year's reunion classes will feature the classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, and 2009.
Rekindle friendships that made your time at Penn State College of Medicine memorable. Reconnect with faculty and past mentors. Walk the campus and see how Penn State College of Medicine has changed -- and remained the same throughout the years.
Please check back in the spring for more information on Alumni Weekend 2014, including a full schedule of events, a link to online registration, and a printable RSVP form that you can mail in.
Contact the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations at 717-531-8497 or AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu.
The Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2013-2014 Penn State, Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Awards.
- The Alumni Achievement Award recognizes alumni 35 years of age and younger for their extraordinary professional accomplishments.
- The Alumni Fellow Award is the highest honor that the Penn State Alumni Association bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Cheston M. Berlin Service Award recognizes meritorious service to the College of Medicine Alumni Society or its members.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that The Pennsylvania State University bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Honorary Alumnus/a Award recognizes outstanding individuals who, though not graduates of Penn State, greatly enhance the University through their commitment and service, and who make significant contributions to Penn State's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
Please complete your nomination using the standard College of Medicine Alumni Award Nomination Form. Nominations can be submitted on a continuous basis, but should be postmarked by June 1, 2014 for consideration this year. Please send nomination forms to:
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, A120
c/o Alison Lipsett Simpson, Alumni Relations Officer
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
To submit a nomination form electronically, please send it to Alison Lipsett Simpson at AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu, or please fax to 717-531-7939.
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...