You will receive a call from Admissions/Registration a few days prior to your scheduled surgery date to confirm your surgery. You will be asked to provide personal and insurance information.
Our goal is to minimize financial concerns regarding your surgery. Financial counselors are available to assist. If you need to speak with a financial counselor, call 717-531-5069 or toll-free 800-254-2619.
To prepare you for surgery, an appointment with the Anesthesia Clinic in Pre-Admissions may be required, and will be scheduled by your surgery scheduling coordinator. Please allow two hours for this appointment. The Anesthesia Clinic is located on the first floor in the East Lobby. Please click here for map.
This visit will include:
- A medical history review, physical examination, and anesthesia evaluation.
- Pre-operative blood tests and other diagnostic studies if required.
- Answers to questions regarding your surgery, anesthesia, and the recovery period.
Please bring the following information with you to this appointment:
- Name, address, and telephone number of your family physician/specialist.
- Insurance cards and insurance claim forms to process your registration information.
- A full list of medications, including name, dosage, how often, and time of day each medication is taken. Please include insulin, inhalers, drops, herbal supplements, and over-the-counter medications.
- A list of past surgeries, dates, and any general anesthesia problems.
- Reports for any cardiologist evaluation, echocardiogram, stress test, cardiac catheterization, or holter monitor within the last four years that were not performed at Penn State Hershey.