Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest news in cardiovascular care. Penn State Hershey Cardio Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2016 articles
- Non-Sternotomy Valve Surgery Eases Cardiac Recovery for Patients
- Team-based Approach to Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) Optimizes Recovery Post-Cardiac Arrest
- New Subspecialty of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Now Available to Address Unique Cardiac Needs
- Saving the Brain: Proper Anticoagulation Therapy for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: What you need to know this flu season As flu season approaches, medical experts have some new recommendations – along with some old standards – on how to reduce your chances of getting sick.More...
- Inaugural Brain Run 5K event set for Oct. 8 The inaugural Brain Run 5K race/walk will take place Oct. 8 at Milton Hershey School, with proceeds to benefit research and outreach at Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- Upcoming Reynolds Lecture to feature almuna Nancy Collop The Department of Medicine Herbert Y. and Anne L. Reynolds Lecture will be held on Oct. 11. Guest speaker Dr. Nancy A. Collop, a College of Medicine graduate, will present “Sleep Apnea — The Not-So-Silent Disease in Your Waiting Room.”More...
- Training grant addresses need for physician scientists A new National Institutes of Health-sponsored training grant awarded to Penn State College of Medicine addresses the need to develop physician-scientists who are well trained in basic, translational and clinical research.More...