Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Greetings from Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute! I am pleased to share with you our inaugural issue of the Cardio Report. Our Institute comprises more than forty specialists in general cardiology, electrophysiology, congenital heart disease, interventional services, cardiothoracic surgery, heart failure, vascular surgery, and mechanical circulatory support. We are excited to share with you, our peers, the ways Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is moving the field forward. Learn More >>
Spring 2015 articles
- Technological Advances Lead to Improved Survival with Permanent Left Ventricular Assist Devices: Heart and Vascular Institute Cardiologists Use Latest Tools to Expand Patient Options
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Expands Options for Inoperable Severe Aortic Stenosis Patients
- Grant Underscores Importance of Treating Peripheral Arterial Disease as as Chronic Condition
- Novel Techniques for Removal of Embedded Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filters Reduce Risk of Long-Term Complications
- The Medical Minute: Blood in the urine often an important warning sign Blood in the urine can be a scary sight, yet it’s a symptom many people ignore until it is bad enough to land them in a hospital emergency department.More...
- Penn State Health St. Joseph, Exeter Healthways to relocate and expand services Penn State Health St. Joseph will relocate the outpatient services it currently offers in Shelbourne Square, Exeter Township, and the physician and outpatient services it offers on Prospect Street in St. Lawrence into the Exeter Ridge Corporate Center at Neversink Road and Perkiomen Avenue by early 2016.More...
- Penn State Hershey Maternal Fetal Medicine moves to 35 Hope Drive Penn State Hershey Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) has joined Penn State Hershey Obstetrics and Gynecology on the second floor of 35 Hope Drive in Hershey.More...
- Next attorney office hours at Penn State Hershey scheduled for Sept. 10 Researchers are invited to attend office hours at Penn State Hershey on Thursday, Sept. 10 with Penn State’s intellectual property attorney, Michael Brignati.More...