Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Greetings from Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute! I am pleased to share with you our inaugural issue of the Cardio Report. Our Institute comprises more than forty specialists in general cardiology, electrophysiology, congenital heart disease, interventional services, cardiothoracic surgery, heart failure, vascular surgery, and mechanical circulatory support. We are excited to share with you, our peers, the ways Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is moving the field forward. Learn More >>
Winter 2015 articles
- Heart and Vascular Institute Outpaces National Rate of Transradial versus Transfemoral Artery Catheterization for PCI
- Staff Experience, Latest Technology Lead to Improved Survival-to-discharge Rates
- Novel Research Investigates Dose Dependency and Causal Relationship Between Diet and Cardiac Function
- The Medical Minute: Cancer patients benefit from an active lifestyle When diagnosed with cancer, patients expect the standard treatments of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. However, additional integrated therapies can address the needs of both body and mind when battling or recovering from cancer, as Jen Price, senior exercise physiologist at the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center, explains.More...
- Incoming PA Program students receive white coats Penn State College of Medicine welcomed 30 new students into the Physician Assistant Program on May 19 at the annual White Coat Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey physician named in ASCP’s 40 Under 40 program Dr. Melissa George, medical director of transfusion medicine and apheresis, assistant professor of pathology, and associate director of the pathology residence program at Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been named as a 2015 American Society for Clinical Pathology 40 Under Forty recipient.More...
- Bird to serve as interim chair of family and community medicine Dr. William Bird has been named interim chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, effective July 1.More...