Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest news in cardiovascular care. Penn State Hershey Cardio Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2016 articles
- Non-Sternotomy Valve Surgery Eases Cardiac Recovery for Patients
- Team-based Approach to Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) Optimizes Recovery Post-Cardiac Arrest
- New Subspecialty of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Now Available to Address Unique Cardiac Needs
- Saving the Brain: Proper Anticoagulation Therapy for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
- Valentine’s Day concert set for Feb. 14 at Pasquerilla Spiritual Center The Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra will present a special Valentine’s Day concert titled “Music for the Heart” at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14, at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center on Penn State’s University Park campus. Dr. Paul Haidet, director of medical education research at the Penn State College of Medicine will present a free pre-concert lecture — “The Health Benefits of Music” — one hour before the show.More...
- National Wear Red Day observed at Penn State Hershey On Friday, Feb. 5, Penn State Hershey faculty and staff donned red in recognition of National Wear Red Day.More...
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...
- The Medical Minute: Understanding who’s at risk for Zika virus If you hadn’t heard of the Zika virus, chances are that has changed with recent reports of outbreaks of the mosquito-borne illness in Latin America, and possible cases in the United States — maybe even Pennsylvania.More...