Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest news in cardiovascular care. Penn State Hershey Cardio Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2016 articles
- Non-Sternotomy Valve Surgery Eases Cardiac Recovery for Patients
- Team-based Approach to Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) Optimizes Recovery Post-Cardiac Arrest
- New Subspecialty of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Now Available to Address Unique Cardiac Needs
- Saving the Brain: Proper Anticoagulation Therapy for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: The evolving guidelines on screen time for kids Digital media changes so quickly that the American Academy of Pediatrics updated its recommendations on media use and screen time for children just a year after issuing its previous guidelines.More...
- Breast Center and Child Life Program benefit from fundraising efforts Two recent events raised a combined total of nearly $16,000 for entities at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Medical Center upgrades to newest technology in stereotactic radiosurgery The team at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has upgraded to the newest technology in cranial radiosurgery, enhancing its abilities to target brain tumors and functional disorders.More...
- Pa. health secretary launches flu vaccination campaign at Hershey Medical Center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is partnering with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to launch the 2016 “Stopping the Flu Starts with You” campaign.More...