Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest news in cardiovascular care. Penn State Hershey Cardio Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2016 articles
- Non-Sternotomy Valve Surgery Eases Cardiac Recovery for Patients
- Team-based Approach to Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) Optimizes Recovery Post-Cardiac Arrest
- New Subspecialty of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Now Available to Address Unique Cardiac Needs
- Saving the Brain: Proper Anticoagulation Therapy for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
- Bringing diversity into focus on the Hershey campus Tucked away in the Biomedical Research Building of the college, Lynette Chappell-Williams isn’t even sure people know her office exists, let alone what it does. That helps her cause in a way — because she doesn’t want people to think advancing diversity and inclusion is the business of her office alone. Everyone plays a role.More...
- Annual symposium focuses on public health law and implications for practice The Department of Public Health Sciences at Penn State College of Medicine hosted its Third Annual Central Pennsylvania Public Health Day Symposium on May 9 at Central Penn College in Summerdale.More...
- Researchers make a key discovery in how malaria evades the immune system The malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum hijacks an immune system process to invade red blood cells, according to a study led by researchers at Penn State College of Medicine. Understanding how malaria invades the cells could lead to a more effective vaccine.More...
- Court grants stay and expedited appeal in proposed hospital merger case A federal court has delayed plans to integrate PinnacleHealth and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center into Penn State Health pending appeal.More...