Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- The Medical Minute: Are New Statin Guidelines Cause for Concern?
- What's So Bad About Trans Fats?
- Project Health: Tips for Lowering Sodium While Eating Out
- Project Health: Potential Signs of Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: Pumps and Pacers—A heart device primer
- The Medical Minute: Heart Health Tips for Your Valentine
- The Medical Minute: A Simple Guide to Heart Healthy Eating
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission. Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- Women will benefit from the Affordable Care Act's contraceptive coverage Women could benefit greatly from the Affordable Care Act's mandate for contraceptive coverage, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers.More...
- Superhero Window Washers: The Sequel! Four window washers put down their cleaning tools and transformed into superheroes Wednesday (Aug. 13) for a costumed descent down the side of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- Talk planned on understanding the science of meditation What is the effect of meditation on your physical and mental health? Is there any scientific basis or evidence for meditation? Can meditation be used as an alternative therapy? An upcoming lecture will offer the answers to these questions.More...
- Job fair for RNs, CNAs set for Aug. 21 Penn State Hershey will host a free job fair for registered nurses and certified nursing assistants from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 21 at the Tree House Café inside Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. Penn State Hershey recruiters will be available to discuss open positions and unit managers will be available to meet with interested candidates.More...