Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, click here to take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting. Click to learn more
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- New continuing education offerings from Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
- Dimensions in Heart and Vascular Care, October 18, 2013
- International Congress on ECMO Therapy, October 19, 2013
- Palmyra man is first in PA to go home with total artificial heart
- Holy Spirit Cardiovascular Institute and Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute Sign Collaborative Surgery Agreement
- Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is proud to partner with the American Heart Association and the Go Red for Women campaign.
- Expanded services in Hanover. Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute opened a new outpatient office in the Hillside Medical Center in Hanover.
- Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute welcomes Barry Clemson, M.D., to the heart failure team.
- The Journey of an IVC Filter - from Life-saving to Life Altering - read one woman's story that brought her from South Dakota to Penn State Hershey.
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Program receives recertification.
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute’s (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission.Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute’s (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...