Congestive Heart Failure
Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Service
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute provides a full range of services in the management of heart failure. Our vision is to provide unsurpassed heart failure care by offering comprehensive care for you at the time of initial diagnosis or advanced heart failure. Heart failure continues to increase rapidly, with an estimated 5 million Americans living with heart failure annually, and another 500,000 more being diagnosed each year. Advances in heart failure management begins on diagnosis with evidence-based heart failure disease management. The Heart Failure team works with you and your care givers in providing family centered care, heart failure research, circulatory support such as ventricular assist pumps, artificial heart and heart transplant.
To make an appointment, please call 1-877-467-7484 or 1-877 GO PSHVI.
Heart Failure Coordinators
Suzanne Frazier, MS, CRNP, NP-C
Heart Transplant Coordinators
Frances Hrenko, RN, CCTC
Robert Kipphorn, RN
- The term heart failure can be overwhelming to the newly diagnosed patient. We strive to educate patients and their families through the heart failure management program. Patients and family members are provided with one-on-one teaching, specific to the underlying cause of the heart failure diagnosis. Throughout the program, our staff works with patients to adjust medications and adjust the treatment plan according to the American College of Cardiology and Heart Failure Society of America guidelines to maximize positive outcomes.
- Our five Heart Failure cardiologists provide you with thorough evaluations, management, and if applicable, opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research for heart failure.
- You will have access to an advance practice nurse (master's prepared nurse) who will develop with you, your caregivers and your physician, a plan of care that offers telephone management, remote monitoring through technology, and clinic visits at convenient locations.
- Referrals to appropriate specialists, such as electrophysiologists, and cardiothoracic surgeons are all within one system of care, promoting continuity of your care.
- Our quality of care indicators demonstrate our commitment evidence based patient care.