Stroke ("Brain at Risk") Prevention Program
Important Facts In Treating Strokes
- A stroke ("Brain Attack") should be perceived as a medical emergency, similar to that of a heart attack
- Prompt recognition of the symptoms is key to successful treatment
- The "window of opportunity" for the treatment of stroke with current clot busting medications is only 3 hours
- A group of dedicated specialists (stroke team, emergency room doctors, nurses, etc.) is available 24 hours a day
- Cutting-edge experimental stroke treatments are available
- An estimated 75% of strokes recur within the first year after an initial stroke
To schedule an appointment, please call 717-531-1441. Referrals should be addressed directly to the stroke neurologists.
A monthly meeting of stroke survivors and their caregivers is held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the 3rd Floor Rehabilitation Dining Room in the South Addition of the hospital.
Please call Karen Lilly at 717 531-7419 for more information.