- Tenants of University Manor East and West can submit work order requests to the Housing Maintenance staff utilizing the following procedure.
- Monday through Friday (except holidays) 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM contact the Housing Office by calling 531-8210. Work orders can also be submitted on-line by filling in the form available at the following link: Work Order Request Form
- For "Non Emergency" issues after 4:30 PM or on weekends and holidays, please leave a message with the Housing Office by calling 531-8210. A work order can also be submitted on-line by filling in the form available at the following link:
Work Order Request Form
- "Emergencies" that occur after 4:30 PM Monday through Friday or on a weekend or holiday should be reported to Building Operation Center (BOC) by calling 531-8096.
- There is no charge for repair of items in the apartment generated by normal wear and tear or component failure.
- Repair of damages or failures caused by abuse by the tenant, family member of the tenant, or a guest of the tenant will be equal to the cost incurred by the Housing Department to rectify the situation. This will include the cost of replacement materials and labor hours.
- No maintenance work will be performed on Saturdays, Sundays, or legal holidays, unless of an emergency nature. The only requests considered an emergency are those that endanger health or property, not inconvenience
- We strive to provide the best level of service possible. In order to achieve that goal your feedback on what we do well and areas where we can improve is important. Please utilize the following link to let us know what you think: Tenant Feedback Form.
- In compliance with state and local fire codes building fire alarm and prevention systems must be functionally tested. This testing requires the activation of detection devices within each apartment, the building interior, and the building exterior.
- Entry into each apartment will be required to comply with this testing requirement.
- Tenants will be given advance email notification of when this testing will occur.
- In compliance with state and local fire codes the fire extinguishers located in each apartment need to be inspected by a qualified outside agency once a year.
- The Department of Housing Services contracts with a commercial fire extinguisher inspection company to comply with this requirement.
- This inspection requires entry into each apartment by inspection company personnel. A member from the Housing Department will accompany the inspector into each apartment.
- This inspection is normally scheduled for the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. An electronic notice will be sent out by the Housing Office notifying UME and UMW tenants of the exact dates of the inspection.
- Furnace air filters are replaced by Housing maintenance staff every three months.
- Entry into each University Manor East apartment is necessary to complete this filter change. Entry into University Manor West apartments is not necessary for filter replacement (furnace located in basement).
- Tenants will be given advance notification of when entry into their apartment is necessary to complete this maintenance task.