Penn State Hershey Medical Center pays a competitive portion of benefit costs and offers 1st day benefit coverage to eligible employees.
- Health, dental and vision coverage is available to employees who work at least 20 hours a week, which is a 0.5 full time equivalent (FTE) and greater.
- Eligible employees may elect to cover:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Child(ren)/Step Child(ren) up to age 26
- Children under age 26, who you and/or your spouse have legally adopted or have legal custody of (must provide proof of court appointed guardianship to PSHMC Benefits Administration)
- Unmarried children* -any age- who are physically or mentally disabled. Your disabled dependent must meet the following criteria:
• Dependent must be disabled prior to age 26
• Dependent must be claimed on parent's most recent tax return
• Certification of disability must be established by medical carrier (Highmark Blue Shield)
- Employees choose the level of coverage suitable for them and their family.
- A Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) with a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) to provide top quality healthcare coverage.
- A Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA); each employee enrolled in the health plan is automatically enrolled the HRA.
- PSHMC funds a portion of the deductible based on coverage tier elected.
- HRA contributions roll over from year to year and vested employees may use remaining HRA dollars even after they retire or leave employment.
- Employees and their covered dependents are eligible to purchase prescriptions at our on campus pharmacy.
- Our flexible dental and vision plans allow employees to select any licensed provider, whether participating or non-participating. PSHMC offers the convenience of an on campus ophthalmology department.
- Healthcare and Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
Life Insurance and Disability
- Two (2) times base salary company paid life for full-time employees up to $1,000,000
- Company Paid Long term disability insurance coverage for all full-time employees
- Business Travel Accident insurance to all employee
- Additional group term life insurance
- Additional long-term disability (full time only)
- Short term disability (bi-weekly paid only)
- Dependent spouse and child term life insurance
- Whole Life insurance
- Prepaid legal and identity theft services
- Pet Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center contributes 5% of employee's annual salary to the 401(k) Savings Plan on their behalf. Additional benefits are provided if their salary exceeds the social security wage base.
- Automatic 5% salary reduction by employees to the 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Employees may contribute voluntarily to either the 401(k) Savings Plan or the 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity Program up to the federally allowed maximum limit.
- Diversified offering of best-in-class investment funds
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center has several distinctive programs to assist employees with their personal and professional growth.
- Tuition discount program from Penn State University where employees, and after 1 year of full-time employment, their spouse and dependent children will receive a 75% discount on tuition.
- Tuition reimbursement program for job-related degree programs offered at other accredited institutions after 6 months of full-time employment.
- Numerous nursing related sponsorships are available.
- We offer and support numerous training and development programs.
Time Away from Work
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center has a very generous time off with pay package, which includes:
- Paid time off
- Extended illness time
- Personal Time
- Paid holidays
Employee Assistance Program
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center offers a comprehensive employee assistance program, which offers employees online resources, as well as counseling for employees and their family.
Health and Fitness
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center has a state-of-the-art Fitness Center with programs in health, fitness, wellness and relaxation. The Fitness Center is conveniently located on campus and has hours of operation that correspond with work schedules.
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center employees have access to benefits offered by Penn State Federal Credit Union.
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center offers an independent day-care provider, conveniently located on campus
Jessica Mullany, MHA
| Heather Peffley, PHR, AASPR |
| Patty Shipton |
| Maddie Wagner, MBA, FASPR |