Blueprints for Wellness
2014 Fitness Reimbursement Form
The deadline to submit for fitness membership reimbursement is January 31, 2015. All reimbursements must be submitted electronically with processing and payment occurring in early 2015. To access the instructions which includes a link to the online submission form CLICK HERE.
Wellness Rewards 2014
CLICK HERE for step-by-step instructions about accessing and completing Wellness Rewards. The program consists of three steps by earning 100 points at Highmark's website:
- Complete the 2014 wellness profile at www.highmarkblueshield.com
- Refrain from tobacco use or currently be participating in a tobacco cessation program. See attestation at www.highmarkblueshield.com.
- Participate in a 2014 biometric screening to meet the following measures and/or participate in approved alternatives if the standards are unreasonably difficult to meet:
- Blood glucose - 120 or less (or 5% improvement) or an A1C of 7.5 or less for diabetics
- Blood pressure
- Systolic - 140 mmHg or less (or 5% improvement)
- Diastolic - 90 mmHg or less (or 5% improvement)
- LDL Cholesterol - 130 or less (or 5% improvement)
- BMI - 25 or less (or 5% improvement)
Reasonable alternatives include:
- Obtain your 2014 preventive exam(s)
- Set a goal with a health coach
- Set a goal in Highmark's My Health Assistant
- Use Highmark's Personal Health Record
- Complete an organization-wide challenge at pennstatehershey.shapeup.com
The deadline to complete Wellness Rewards is Nov. 30, 2014. Program Instructions and FAQ's
2014 Biometric Screenings
A 2014 biometric screening is a required component of the Wellness Rewards program. These results will be used to demonstrate 5% improvement for those employees who provided baseline numbers in 2013. Alternately, the 2014 screening results will be used as a baseline for those participants who did not complete a 2013 screening. The on-site screenings were offered mid-July through early Sept. and all on-site events have concluded for 2014.
If you have results from your personal physician, you may submit them using this form. The deadline for 2014 biometric numbers is September 15, 2014. You may submit past the deadline until October 15, but please note you will not be able to participate in an appeals process should you contest the results.
Read about new initiatives for a tobacco-free campus HERE.
Walking Routes at Penn State Hershey
Looking for some outdoor walking routes on the Hershey campus? Here is a list that describes the routes, estimated number of steps and time. Try a few or try them all! Download the list >>
It's time to Shape Up!
PennStateHershey.shapeup.com is an online wellness platform that connects you with your friends at Penn State Hershey to share in exercise and nutrition goals. Challenge your colleagues to avoid soda all day or park further away. Invite a group to take a walk at lunch. Connect with others who like the same activities as you. Register now, create your profile and start building your network of supporters to help you accomplish your wellness goals!
2014 Fitness Incentive Program
NOTE: To access the instructions which includes a link to the form CLICK HERE. Please note that reimbursements will be issued in March 2015.
For 2014, each Medical Center employee/spouse/partner, and dependents (age 12 and up) who are covered under the Medical Center's health plan are eligible to have up to 3 consecutive months at a fitness facility reimbursed.
- Qualifying facilities include gyms, fitness pools, yoga, personal training, and martial arts studios.
- Participants must have attended their respective facility.
- NEW for 2014!!! Everyone must complete a form to request reimbursement, including members of the University Fitness Center. There's no need to upload proof of payment to the UFC if you pay via payroll deduction. Just include the Lawson ID number on the form.
- The three months must be used consecutively in 2014.
- Employees must be covered under the health plan during the fitness participation period.
- All submissions must be received by 1/31/2015 for a one-time processing in early 2015. Qualified participants will receive a check from Highmark to their home address by March 31, 2015.
Maximum Reimbursement Amounts
The maximum reimbursement amount is up $25 per month. Extra fees (e.g. enrollment, maintenance, tanning, childcare, etc.) are not eligible for reimbursement. Please note that different facilities have different definitions for joint and family memberships.
- Individual Membership (one family member) - up to $75 total
- Joint Membership (two family members) - up to $150 total
- Family membership (3 or more family members) - up to $200 total
Wellness Rewards 2014
The program consists of three steps by earning 100 points at Highmark's Wellness Rewards site:
1- Complete the 2014 wellness profile at www.highmarkblueshield.com
2- Refrain from tobacco use or currently be participating in a tobacco cessation program. See tobacco attestation at www.highmarkblueshield.com.
3- Participate in a 2014 biometric screening to meet the following measures and/or participate in approved alternatives if the standards are unreasonably difficult to meet:
Blood glucose - 120 or less (or 5% improvement) or an A1C of 7.5 or less for diabetics
Systolic - 140 mmHg or less (or 5% improvement)
Diastolic - 90 mmHg or less (or 5% improvement)
LDL Cholesterol - 130 or less (or 5% improvement)
BMI - 25 or less (or 5% improvement)
Reasonable alternatives include:
Obtain your 2014 preventive exam(s)
Set a goal with a Highmark health coach
Set a goal in Highmark's My Health Assistant
Use Highmark's Personal Health Record
Complete an organization-wide challenge at pennstatehershey.shapeup.com
An employee that prefers to see his/her personal physician to obtain biometric numbers may do so and submit the results using the form HERE. Results must be submitted by September 15, 2014.
The deadline to complete Wellness Rewards is Nov. 30, 2014. Employee contract holders that complete the program by the deadline will receive a $300 contribution into their HRA or paycheck (taxable) in March 2015. Complete Wellness Rewards Program Instructions and FAQ's
- Highmark offers a comprehensive health information and support program which provides you with up-to-date and easy to understand information about medical conditions and treatment options. A registered nurse Health Coach is available online at the Highmark Blue Shield Website address or at a toll-free telephone number - 1-888-BLUE-428, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you make informed healthcare decisions, optimize your self-care capabilities, and follow your prescribed treatment plans to improve your health outcomes. Using the patient-centered approach, Shared Decision-Making,
- There are three levels of health coaching and support:
- General information and support regarding medical procedures, treatment decisions and questions following a doctor's visit, plus access to audiotapes on hundreds of health-related topics and targeted mailings of printed materials.
- Treatment decision support for making medical and surgical decisions that reflect personal values and preferences, talking with physicians regarding treatment options, and receiving ongoing support and follow-up throughout treatment plans, plus links to information sources, free videotapes and Web-based education.
- Chronic condition management for those at greater risk for hospitalization, complications or an increase in the severity of their disease, including needs assessments, information on effectively managing a chronic condition, and referrals to appropriate resources, such as case managers, home health services, community resources or Employee Assistance Programs. Blues On Call also provides targeted mailings relative to specific risks, free equipment or tools to support self-management goals and help to improve clinical and quality of life outcomes and reduce ongoing risks associated with chronic disease.
ShapeUp is an online wellness community for you and your colleagues where you can set goals, track your progress, and join team-based fitness challenges on this social website. An engaging tool for all levels of fitness!
Pennstatehershey.shapeup.com is now open! Register today!
The Weight Watchers benefit for 2014 features a 50% subsidy for Penn State Hershey Medical Center employees and spouses/domestic partners covered under the group health plan. The subsidy is valid for 6 consecutive months and must be used in the 2014 calendar year. The discount is applicable for the monthly pass or the online program.
To activate your 50% off Weight Watchers membership log on at https://wellness.weightwatchers.com. 2014 codes: 2014-- Employer ID: 65871 and passcode: ww65871. The unique ID for employees is the Lawson number. The unique ID for spouses/domestic partners is the Lawson number with the letter "A" added at the end.
Full-time employees of the Penn State College of Medicine are eligible for a subsidized rate of 50% off of the regular
price of a Weight Watchers Monthly Pass or Online Membership for the first 6 months of use. After that, the employee
will be charged at the discounted Penn State corporate rate.
You will need the following information:
- Your Penn State ID number
- Penn State's Weight Watchers Company ID: 60327
- Penn State's Weight Watchers Company Passcode: WW60327
If you are a current Weight Watcher member you need to first call and cancel your membership and switch over to the Penn State Hershey benefit. Call Weight Watchers Wellness Hotline at 866.204.2885.
No reimbursement paperwork is needed. Eligible participants from the Medical Center may use the Weight Watchers benefit OR the Fit, Trim and Slim program through HVI. Participants who choose the Fit, Trim, and Slim benefit can be reimbursed for up to $200 of the $225 program fee by attending at least 70% of the sessions.
- Weight Watchers @ Work Schedule Summer/Fall/Winter 2014 (revised 6.10.14)
- Read registration instructions here
Fit, Trim, and Slim
Fit, Trim, and Slim is the comprehensive 12-week weight management program led by experts at Penn State Hershey's Heart and Vascular Institute. Learn more about Fit, Trim, and Slim here.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center employees and spouses/domestic partners covered under the group health plan are eligible to be reimbursed $200 of the fee after completing at least 70% of the program. After completion of the program, please complete the reimbursement form here. Eligible participants may use the Weight Watchers benefit OR the Fit, Trim and Slim program during the calendar year.
The 2014 fitness reimbursement is an on-line process. Faxed, mailed, or e-mailed documents will not be accepted. Access the instructions and a link to the form HERE. Everyone seeking reimbursement must submit a form including members of the University Fitness Center. All 2014 reimbursement requests must be submitted by January 31, 2015 with reimbursement paid out by March 31, 2015.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s employee wellness program is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life through optimal health. Blueprints for Wellness will promote healthy lifestyles for employees and their families by creating a culture of wellness, providing education on healthy behaviors, and empowering participants to encourage one another in healthful practices.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will be a leader in the community regarding successful wellness practices. It will be a place where making healthy choices at work is achievable. Blueprints for Wellness will cultivate a nurturing environment where peers encourage one another toward optimal health.