Administrative opportunities are available for applicants with extensive knowledge of software applications. Today, these employees perform fewer clerical tasks and are increasingly involved with frontline customer service and managing the flow of communications and information. Administrative positions at Penn State Hershey include:
- Administrative Associate
- Administrative Secretary
- Clerical Assistant
- Medical Records Clerk
- Accounts Payable Associates
- Financial Counselor
- Finance & Accounting Assistant
- Patient Account Associates
- Patient Billing Assistant
- Patient Account Liaison
- Payroll Assistant
- Senior Financial Counselor Liaison
- Senior Patient Account Representative
Information Referral Specialist
- These specialists are responsible for initial phone access (MD Network and CareLine) into the institution for patients, referring physicians, and the general public twenty-four hours a day, 7 days week. They determine callers’ needs and address those needs with available resources, including institutional transfers, physician referrals, class registrations, physician credentialing, appointment scheduling and confirmation, patient registration, and act as a clearing house for inpatient consults and discharge patient satisfaction surveys. They also conduct basic health screenings and surveys to support clinical departments.
- Bed Management Associate
- Insurance Verification Associate
- Registration Associate
Medical Office Associate (MOA)
- Medical Office Associate Trainee Program - This is a full-time paid, eight-week formal training program to obtain a Hershey Medical Center specific Medical Office Associate (MOA) certification. The minimum hourly rate while in training is $10.30 (may be higher depending on experience). You will receive an increase after successfully completing the Trainee Program. While we require a High School diploma/GED with basic computer skills and a typing speed of at least 20wpm, we are primarily looking for individuals who are detail-oriented, friendly, approachable, and customer service focused.
- MOA I - Performs front office administrative functions in our outpatient clinics including answering phones, appointment setting, insurance verification and processing, managing medical records, patient check-in & check-out, and of course, providing excellent customer service!
- MOA II – Supports the Office Manager/ Clinical Head Nurse by providing MOA I oversight.
Outpatient Pre-arrival Associate
- These associates are responsible for working with patients and insurance companies to obtain the information necessary to complete patient registration, insurance verification and financial evaluation requirements.
Patient Care Secretary
- Patient care secretaries communicate and interact with families, patients, staff, nurses, physicians and visitors. They are responsible for patient care related secretarial duties to include: scheduling of appointments, interacting with patients, families, physician and staff, providing real time Admission/Transfer/Discharge communication to registration; and utilization of the Transport Tracker System to retrieve and enter patient information to facilitate ancillary department workflows.
- Scheduling coordinators are responsible for the scheduling of appointments (new, follow-up, cancellations, and rescheduling), tests/procedures (to include operative and invasive procedures) and elective surgeries. They coordinate all steps from beginning to end for patients needing surgery by working directly with patients, physicians, admission staff, operating room staff and insurance carriers. They schedule the surgery, obtain authorization or pre-certification, schedule necessary tests, schedule history and physical exam, schedule preadmission testing with anesthesia and reschedule any part of the process when necessary.
Other Administrative Careers
- Clinical Research Associate
- Document Management Support Clerk
- HRIS Clerk
- Human Resource Associate
- Patient Safety & Quality Analyst
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Residency Program Coordinator
- Risk Management Analyst
- Service Center Representative
- Sleep Lab Assistant
- Switchboard Operators