The Pediatric Infectious Disease Division is part of Penn State Hershey Pediatrics. Pediatric Infectious Disease services are provided for in-patients and out-patients with known or suspected infections.
The staff of the pediatric infectious diseases division evaluates children with infectious diseases including HIV and AIDS; immune system disorders; and recurrent infections such as earache, sinusitis, pneumonia, and strep throat. Physicians also evaluate children with recurrent or persistent fever; lymphadenopathy; bone and joint infections; skin infections; and viral infections; including hepatitis and infectious mononucleosis.
Our other areas of interest include physicals for newly adopted foreign children, and evaluation and treatment for chronic fatigue and immunity-related problems.
Our Services Include:
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Clinic at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Pediatric Comprehensive Care Clinic for the care of patients infected with HIV held at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Pediatric Comprehensive Care Clinic for the care of patients infected with HIV held in Lancaster and Reading once a month.
To schedule an appointment, please call 717-531-6807.
John Dossett, M.D. has considerable interest and clinical experience in the management of:
- Pediatric patients living with HIV
- Pediatric patients with Chronic fatigue syndrome and related disorders such as fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndromes.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
University Physicians Center
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
We also run a clinic once a month for the care of pediatric patients infected with HIV at the following locations:
Lancaster Pediatric HIV Clinic
Reading Pediatric HIV Clinic