Data Security and Integrity
Research Data Integrity and Security
Policy - Security and Integrity of Human Research Data (New - Effective January 2012)
- Disclose the nature of data to be collected and submit an acceptable data security/integrity plan at initial review or continuing review:
- New Research - describe the data security/integrity plan on the applicable eSubmission questions
- Ongoing Research - submit data security/integrity plan at the time of continuing review via the progress report questions
- Ensure all research personnel sign a confidentiality agreement, and complete the human research training requirement.
- Implement the IRB approved data security/integrity plan, and meet reporting requirements for any breaches of confidentiality.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - completing the Data Security and Integrity Questions
- Help Desk - 531-6281
- E-mail - ResearchComputing@hmc.psu.edu
NOTE: If you are using a Public Health Sciences (PHS) managed desktop or computer resources, you should contact the PHS Helpdesk at 717-531-7682, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the REDCap website for information about this secure, web-based Research Electronic Data Capture system, which is available at no cost to researchers as part of Penn State University's partnership in the REDCap Consortium. The web site provides REDCap resources, including:
- Seminar and training resources
- REDCap FAQs