Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects Protection Office
The mission of the Penn State College of Medicine Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to advocate for the rights and welfare of human research participants and to promote high quality research by fostering an institutional culture embodying the highest ethical standards of human research. More…
Penn State’s Human Research Protection Programs have been successful in obtaining re-accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Penn State was awarded the status of full accreditation for a five-year period, effective March 12. More...
HSPO Updates and Announcements
- November 2013 - HSPO Update
- CATS-IRB Roll Out
- Consent Form Template Update
- Protocol Template Updates
- New Process for Requesting Protocol Exceptions
- September 2013 - HSPO Update
- Policy Reminder - Reportable New Information
- IRB Workshops Available
- July 2013 - HSPO Update
- IRB Review Delays
- New Policy - Reportable New Information
- Scientific Review Requirement for Research
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...