Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects Protection Office
The mission of the Penn State College of Medicine Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to advocate for the rights and welfare of human research participants and to promote high quality research by fostering an institutional culture embodying the highest ethical standards of human research. More…
Penn State’s Human Research Protection Programs have been successful in obtaining re-accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Penn State was awarded the status of full accreditation for a five-year period, effective March 12. More...
HSPO Updates and Announcements
- November 2013 - HSPO Update
- CATS-IRB Roll Out
- Consent Form Template Update
- Protocol Template Updates
- New Process for Requesting Protocol Exceptions
- September 2013 - HSPO Update
- Policy Reminder - Reportable New Information
- IRB Workshops Available
- July 2013 - HSPO Update
- IRB Review Delays
- New Policy - Reportable New Information
- Scientific Review Requirement for Research
- Hershey Community Garden vies for grant in online competition The Hershey Community Garden is a nominee for a grant from Seeds of Change, an organic seed company. In order to win a grant, the Community Garden needs the help of the entire Penn State Hershey community to vote. Click on this link to vote: http://www.seedsofchangegrant.com/TheGallery.aspxMore...
- Special lighting of the Crescent building recognizes upcoming occasions As part of an ongoing effort to reduce energy usage and operate in a more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner, Penn State Hershey installed an LED lighting system to illuminate its signature Crescent building, replacing the original and less efficient facade lighting. This week, the building is lit in blue in honor of National Child Abuse Awareness Month.More...
- Presentation to explore the world of modern day slavery Penn State Hershey will host a presentation by advocacy group Women at Risk Int’l titled “Modern Day Slavery: Trafficking & Exploitation of Vulnerable Women” at noon April 23 in Lecture Room C.More...
- Pinwheel garden set up in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that everyone can play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in the community. Over the last week, new decorations have popped up on the lawn of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...