Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects Protection Office
The mission of the Penn State College of Medicine Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to advocate for the rights and welfare of human research participants and to promote high quality research by fostering an institutional culture embodying the highest ethical standards of human research. More…
Penn State’s Human Research Protection Programs have been successful in obtaining re-accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Penn State was awarded the status of full accreditation for a five-year period, effective March 12. More...
HSPO Updates and Announcements
- November 2013 - HSPO Update
- CATS-IRB Roll Out
- Consent Form Template Update
- Protocol Template Updates
- New Process for Requesting Protocol Exceptions
- September 2013 - HSPO Update
- Policy Reminder - Reportable New Information
- IRB Workshops Available
- July 2013 - HSPO Update
- IRB Review Delays
- New Policy - Reportable New Information
- Scientific Review Requirement for Research
- Penn State Hershey undergoing final phase of radiology expansion Ongoing renovations to the radiology area on the ground floor of the hospital at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will make room for additional equipment and give admitted patients awaiting diagnostic procedures a more accessible, private space.More...
- Innovation key to Penn State Hershey’s future, says medical center's CEO Penn State's medical school, university hospital and health system continue to be a magnet for future health professionals, a preferred medical destination for patients across Pennsylvania, and a pioneer in personalized medicine research according to Harold L. Paz, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System CEO and Penn State’s senior vice president for health affairs and dean of Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods' Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase -- to go organic or not.More...
- Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...