The Institutional Review Board (IRB) has the responsibility for ensuring that the rights of all human participants in research at the Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Hershey Medical Center are protected. The IRB is also responsible for making sure that the research is performed in accordance with regulations and institutional policies, and Guiding Ethical Principles. These activities are coordinated through the Human Subjects Protection Office (HSPO). The HSPO has developed this information to provide potential participants with resources about participating in research. In addition, community groups interested in a presentation on research protection topics may contact the HSPO at 717- 531-5687.
- About Volunteering for Research
- Research at Penn State Hershey:
- Participating in Clinical Trials, FDA
- Children and Clinical Studies, National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute
- ClinicalTrials.gov Web Site
- NIH's Clinical Trials Web Site
- NCI's Cancer Trials Web Site