Training Requirements for Human Research
Investigators and study team members for human research at Penn State Hershey are required to complete the applicable online course(s), listed below, and to meet the renewal requirement every 3 years. For more information about educational requirements refer to the What training is required to conduct Human Research section of the Investigator Manual, available in the CATS IRB Library under the General tab. For the course content see the Penn State Hershey CITI Courses list. The CITI Course Instructions provide the steps to access the courses.
- Protection of Human Research Subjects - the basic IRB requirement for all research study team members involved in the design, conduct, or reporting of research
- Good Clinical Practice and ICH - additional requirement for team members involved in FDA-regulated research
Research consultations: Contact the HSPO to schedule a meeting to discuss a research submission and IRB requirements.
Educational presentations: Speakers are available to provide presentations on human subjects protection topics to departments, groups and community organizations, and may be requested by contacting the HSPO.
WORKSHOP and SEMINARS
The following workshop and seminars are repeated periodically based on interest. Contact the HSPO to be placed on the waitlist if a topic of interest is not currently available.
- CATS IRB Training
- IRB Process Overview for Researchers
- Informed Consent Process for Research
- Reportable New Information for Research
- Research Document Management
- IRB Policy for Security and Integrity of Human Research Data
CATS IRB Training
Learn the IRB submission process using the Centralized Application Tracking System (CATS). Call the HSPO (x5687) to pre-register.
Jan. 22, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Room C2610
Mar. 10, 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Room C2610
May 13, 9;30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Room C2610
Research Document Management - Guidance for Maintaining Regulatory Documents and Subject Records
TBD - anticipated for Spring 2015