Penn State Liver Center
The only comprehensive liver center in central Pennsylvania
The Liver Center provides advanced expertise in the diagnosis and management of complex liver disease using the latest and most effective medical and surgical therapies to improve quality of life.
Our team treats conditions including:
- Hepatitis C and other forms of hepatitis
- Liver cancer and bile duct cancer
- Rare liver tumors, such as neuroendocrine tumors
- Liver masses and cysts
- Portal hypertension
- Chronic inflammatory liver disease
- Complications of liver cirrhosis such as pulmonary hypertension or high blood pressure, hepatopulmonary syndrome and hepatorenal syndrome
- Acute liver failure
- All other causes of chronic liver disease
As a leading academic medical center and educational institution, patients have instant access to a wide variety of advanced medical and surgical resources and services. Our team has unparalleled expertise in all liver-related disorders, including liver transplant, and is the only adult living donor liver transplant center in central Pennsylvania.
- Among the best liver transplant outcomes in the region (srtr.org)
- Excellent liver transplant outcomes for patients with advanced liver disease
- Only United Network of Organ Sharing-certified adult living donor liver transplant program in central Pennsylvania
In addition, our team performs a high volume of complex liver, bile duct and pancreas surgery for cancer and non-cancerous disease with high-quality outcomes and survival. Many of these procedures can be completed minimally invasively, speeding recovery and enhancing quality of life. Watch some of our patient success stories as featured on Liver Cancer: A Matter of Facts on abc27.
- The Medical Minute: Joint cracks and pops usually not cause for concern It’s not unusual for your body to make “popping” or “cracking” sounds as you lean over, twist or reach for something. Fortunately, it’s also typically not a cause for worry.More...
- Ribbon cutting for Employee Health and Wellness Center held Jan. 16 Penn State launched a new initiative for employee health and wellness on Jan. 16 with a ribbon-cutting event for the Penn State Employee Health and Wellness Center, scheduled to open in mid-February on the University Park campus.More...
- Fit, Trim and Slim session kicks off on Feb. 1 The next session of Fit, Trim and Slim, Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's 12-week weight management program, will begin on Feb. 1.More...
- Annual public forum on cancer set for March 11 The 13th annual Reducing Cancer in our Community, an open public forum, will be held at 8:30 a.m. on March 11 at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center campus.More...