College of Medicine Scholarships- the Penn State College of Medicine has both merit and need-based scholarships.
- Need-based scholarships are awarded based upon family financial strength as determined by the financial data provided for both student/spouse and parents on the FAFSA.
- Scholarships with a Service Commitment- these scholarships usually cover complete tuition, fees, educational expenses, and a living allowance. Each program is slightly different and should be researched completely before making a commitment.
- Health Professions Scholarships- Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard
- National Health Service Corps
- Scholarships from Outside Sources- scholarships are available from private sources, but you must take the initiative to research availability and follow through with the application process. The following are suggestions for finding potential assistance opportunities:
- Talk with upper-class students
- Internet databases such as www.fastweb.com
- Research centers
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Native American Scholarship Fund
- Places of worship
- Local medical societies and chapters of AMA
- Charitable foundations
- Service clubs such as Lions, Rotary, etc.
- Scholarship Directories in libraries or student aid offices