How to Apply
- Applications are accepted through ERAS only.
- Deadline for applications is December 31, 2012
- Interviews are by invitation only
- Number of positions available: 6 preliminary, 21 categorical
- We prioritize applications with a minimum USMLE score of 200, however we review the entire application and do not base our decision solely upon the USMLE scores
- Osteopathic applicants are welcome to apply and COMLEX scores are accepted in lieu of USMLE scores and reviewed, along with the entire application, on a case-by-case basis
- We require a Chair Letter plus two additional letters of recommendation to be attached to your ERAS application
- Foreign applicants must be ECFMG eligible and must have passed the USMLE Step 2-CS exam before applying to our program
- The institution sponsors ONLY J-1 Visa
- We prefer (not mandatory) one year of US clinical experience for applicants from non-accredited medical schools
- Year of graduation should be within 5 years of date of application
Preliminary Program Requirements
Applicants to other disciplines (i.e. anesthesia, dermatology, neurology, radiology), requiring a preliminary year must submit a separate ERAS application to our Internal Medicine Preliminary Program in addition to the specialty application. Efforts are made to coordinate interview dates with other subspecialty interviews at Penn State-Hershey but can not be guaranteed. Separate interview dates may not be necessary depending on the specialty program.
For further information regarding our program and/or a preliminary program interview, please email Debbie Stevens.
The NRMP requires all interviewees to receive a copy of the Resident Contract. This Resident Agreement is subject to the terms of other contracts and legal documents.